Re: Anyone else not care about the excluded multiplayer?

by TygerHeart

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Never played multiplayer and never cared to, so for my taste good riddance) and with my style of playing I always get enough war assets for all endings even without MP.

Message 11 of 26 (858 Views)

★★ Novice

I still have ME 3 installed, but haven't played MP in a bit.

If there were to be an injection of life into the multiplayer, perhaps a code for a free copy of ME 3 for those that don't already have access by EA Play,Gamepass, or other similar setup.

Or, alternatively, offer MP in it's current form apart from the game itself, (or with the ME3 demo).

Message 12 of 26 (826 Views)

Hero

@TygerHeart wrote:

If there were to be an injection of life into the multiplayer, perhaps a code for a free copy of ME 3 [...]

Many other remasters come bundled with their original releases. I think that would be the best solution.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 26 (804 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Allison_X5-734 I agree. I never liked multiplayer, and I HATED the fact that the game forced you to play it if you wanted a good high score.

Good riddance, MP!!
Message 14 of 26 (768 Views)

★ Guide

Plenty of things occurred in Mass Effect that were unwanted. Throughout all the games. And those things had nothing to do with multiplayer. Yet we are still keeping all of that crap, mostly. 

It's such a shame that it would take too much time to bother revamping the multiplayer and adding it back in. 
It was one of the less toxic multiplayer experiences. ((Probably because it was about killing Npcs together. Not other players. It was a hordemode. ))
I'll miss fighting alongside aliens / other players from all corners of the Galaxy to stop the Reaper threat on the front lines - a bit of a distance away from Shepard's immediate circumstances. The best was seeing if a Volus could pull off their bold 'ramboing. Or watching a Turian ruthlessly beat their way through a crowd of bubbly goons (using their gun as a battering ram) to revive someone. 

I suppose I'll have Swbf3 to look forward to for that tangible military sci-fi experience. 
Npcs are fine and all. But sometimes the brief battles where you are serving with some random feel more accurate to a military sci-fi experience. 
Jenkins was the only random. Throughout the rest of the games it's very.... Special ops almost. Tightknit. 'Main characters don't die' kind of thing. Not really "grunty and vast ness of space" at all. Where you can come across those who actually make things seem different for a bit, and then they're gone. They didn't have to take memory or space away from the game, but it added to the experience all the same. 

((And of course there were shenanigans. Reactor core suicide parties for the win and what not.)) 

...Andromeda's multiplayer was too zoomed in on the character, and also, oddly laggy the entire time. I wish it was more playable. With a zoom/in/out on character slider. And no lag ever.

Message 15 of 26 (715 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I loved the MP in ME3 and used to play it a lot, but I prefer that LE won't have it.

I'm curious if there will be a "Readiness Rating (%)" and will it be something that can be improved in the game itself or what exactly. (no MP and I doubt they will make a new App .. connect it to N7HQ?!)

Message 16 of 26 (626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is such a good SP game. No point in MP here.

Message 17 of 26 (609 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For myself, i've been a SP person. Never had any great desire to play MP. So i won't miss it but its unfortunate for those who love MP. They may have left it out so as to not bog the game done....they have their reasons i guess. But i am looking forward to replaying it and very curious as to how the game will look

Message 18 of 26 (581 Views)

I am actually grateful that it is not included, the MP (Or website) boost of EMS was one of the things that did hurt ME3 the most imho.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 19 of 26 (566 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No don’t care while I played some of the multiplayer it’s not why I bought mass effect games.

Message 20 of 26 (512 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help