Antialiasing Bug on Ultrawide Monitors

by mikage31582

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Antialiasing Bug on Ultrawide Monitors

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

ME1 in the new ME: Legendary edition has an issue with ultrawide monitors, specifically in a resolution of 5120x1440. When antialiasing is enabled, the left-hand side of the screen has a "ghosting" image from what is being displayed on the far right hand side of the screen. Disabling AA fixes the issue, but hopefully we'll have a proper fix soon. See the attached screenshot for details.

Message 2 of 28 (28,691 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Antialiasing Bug on Ultrawide Monitors

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that I have the exact same issue. Disabling AA worked for me too. Thanks for the suggestion!! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 28 (28,523 Views)

All Replies

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - ME1 32:9 graphics bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a rather weird bug in legendary ME1, where at 16:9/5120x1440 resolution the left part of the screen that is extended beyond 2560x1440, displays an outline of what is on the other side, meaning for about a fifth of my screen, I'm seeing double on the left side along with what is supposed to be there. My drivers are on the latest version.

Message 1 of 28 (28,604 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, using Nvidia driver 466.27. Good to know that we can work around the issue by disabling AA for now, as the ghosting can be a bit nauseating at times.

Message 3 of 28 (28,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can confirm I have this too, Nvidia latest driver, 5120x1440 Samsung G9.

Message 4 of 28 (28,578 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition - ME1 32:9 graphics bug

★★★ Novice

Disable anti alising to fix for now, I have the bug also.

Message 5 of 28 (28,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that I have the exact same issue. Disabling AA worked for me too. Thanks for the suggestion!! Standard smile

Message 6 of 28 (28,524 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I also have this problem, Samsung G9, 2070 super, latest drivers. Disabling AA solved the issue.

Message 7 of 28 (28,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just a quick note; I was able to find a decent compromise by overriding the antialiasing settings in NVidia control panel. 
TBH, I was tempted to live with the ghosting because of the aliasing just looked so rough at times; but I found that overriding AA application settings, and ramping up FXAA while keeping Transparency off. It looked a bit smoother and I couldn't see as much artifacting.

There's still a bit of aliasing, but I can live with it. 

This is the price we pay for having the glory that is the G9 =P

Message 8 of 28 (28,186 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here. However, I did not know disabling AA "solves" it. thx. 

cheers.

Message 9 of 28 (28,167 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I have the same setup, Samsung G9 and 2017 super but my resolution is stuck at 2560x1440. Would you have a clue to fix ?

Message 10 of 28 (28,149 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help