unable to kill architect

by DeadlyDamios

Original Post

Re: unable to kill architect

★★★ Newbie

I was able to fix this problem by switching my crew. I had been using Drack and Peebee and I switched to Jaal and Vetra and then it was fine.

Message 51 of 71 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just found this thread after experiencing the same.  dang.  thing.  You would think that it is fixed by Halloween of 2018, but no.

Before I get any further in this (otherwise wonderful) game, is there any other game breaking surprises in store for me?  I'm wondering if I should just shelve the title or play on through the bugs.

Message 52 of 71 (2,412 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if anyone else is still having this problem in 2019, I see that it was supposed to be fixed in a patch but I'm patched up to date and I'm still running into it. Anyway I might have found a solution?

After reloading and reloading about 10 times I noticed that it wasn't occuring on the legs that my teammates took out. So I reloaded again and stood back letting them do all the work on the legs and only helped shoot the head and take out the waves of remnant.

It worked, this time no bug.

Hope that helps.

Message 53 of 71 (2,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

"if anyone else is still having this problem in 2019"

I was (PC/origin)

"I might have found a solution"

yes, you do

"it wasn't occuring on the legs that my teammates took out. So I reloaded again and stood back letting them do all the work on the legs and only helped shoot the head and take out the waves of remnant"

I allowed the NPC to finish the legs and head, it takes me a lot of time on the max. the difficulty, but it works

the other solutions across the internet didn't work for me

I suppose they just didn't notice the NPC was making the last hit (i suppose it doesn't require each time)

Message 54 of 71 (2,119 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Playing this game in 2019 and this bug is still there. I've had it twice on different playthroughs. Both times, I reloaded and then approached the fight again, but kept the Nomad some distance away, and that seemed to fix it. I'm not sure if that's a fluke or not, but there it is. If anyone's still struggling with this, give that a try. 

Message 55 of 71 (1,825 Views)

★ Apprentice
A little additional note: I completed the fight without problems on Voeld, then explored the abandoned mining village some more. Sometime during exploring, I got the 'Take down the Architect'-text in the upper right corner of the screen, with no means to make it go away.

Luckily I had saved immediately after the fight, so I didn't have to repeat the fight. Hope this helps other people.
Message 56 of 71 (1,620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have bought Mass Effect Andormeda when it was first released at full price. I didnt play it though. Now, in August of 2020, I am playing this game for the first time and I am still running into this game breaking bug! I have changed my teammates, I have parked the Nomad far away. Still it wont work.

Also I still get that bug where the mouse cursor wont dissapear after dialogues. This has been fixed in a mod 3 years ago!

This is just un-fuking-believable!

Message 57 of 71 (1,415 Views)

★ Novice
It is 2020, and still the same *... I have no idea what causes the bug (the third leg can't be killed, even though it has 0hp, and the Architect keeps spamming Nullifiers and nothing else happens), I had to replay the battle and only used my pistol, no powers and did all on feet. Idk what is more annoying, the bug or that EA doesn't care to fix it
Message 58 of 71 (1,348 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, did you try the workaround I posted above? I discovered that the bug appeared to be triggered when I struck the blow that pushed the leg under a certain health threshold. If your companions strike the blow the bug doesn't trigger. If you let your companions attack the legs (which depending in what difficulty you're playing on might take a long time, sorry) the bug does not seem to occur. I hope that works for you and agree that this should have been fixed a long dang time ago, and we should not be having to figure out ways around it.

Message 59 of 71 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice

If anyone is interested in my further observations on this I figured it out after I noticed that on an 'unbugged' leg a 'damaged' animation would play after it had been damaged enough, and on a 'bugged' leg the animation would not play. My theory is that the bug is somehow related to this animation. Perhaps the leg cannot die until this animation has played but if the bug skips the animation that leaves the leg in this purgatory state.

I realised that the bug did not occur on damage from my teammates when I stood out of the action for a bit in order to observe the animation better. I suspect that if you resume shooting the leg after the animation has played it will be fine but I haven't tested that theory myself.

Message 60 of 71 (1,334 Views)