mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★ Apprentice

Hey @Delgorath, I've tried it in safemode and on a new user profile, so nothing was running bar windows in those instances. Monitor is running at 60 Hertz

Screensaver I'm using is the ME2 Loading Screens Screensaver, would have thought that'd be more pro-ME:A !

Message 71 of 226 (1,483 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For all users and EA advisors posting possible solutions, please take a look at the list of actions and steps I've taken in order to make my Andromeda game work again. And nothing works. Please continue reading the thread where I posted this, and you will find a lot of extra information regarding this issue.

It's all down to the same thing: whenever Mass Effect Andromeda is launched, ActivationUI.exe pops in, and is instantly killed by the game, probably because it thinks there's something "shady" in the system -like a cheat tool-.

I still can play in my old Windows 7 system, but not in my Laptop, where I could fluidly play before this so-called hotfix 1.07.

And because I wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 last week, there's only Mass Effect Andromeda + nVidia drivers installed. Literally there's nothing new, it's a brand new system. I've disabled every third party apps I found, no antivirus no firewall no (not even windows ones), and still nothing works.

It has been 5 days and we're still waiting, come on EA.

Message 72 of 226 (1,466 Views)

Champion (Retired)

But your Dxdiag ahows Windows update failures and

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable Setup

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Message 73 of 226 (1,449 Views)

★ Apprentice
I completely agree. The game was working perfectly last week before patch 1.07. Although I haven't been as thorough as you with the troubleshooting I'm pretty meticulous with keeping my driver's and software up to date. Like you said I'm appreciative of the guys trying to help out on these forums, but I'm simply not going to waste any more time trying to fix it. There was obviously a screw up or an oversight somewhere, whether it's the fault of Microsoft or bioware, I don't know. But it would be nice to get an official response from bioware on the fact that they are actively working on the issue.
Message 74 of 226 (1,432 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Delgorath wrote:

But your Dxdiag ahows Windows update failures and

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable Setup

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Who are you replying to? Is this from my DxDiag txt?

Message 75 of 226 (1,422 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@NyepoYes. 

Message 76 of 226 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nyepo

If you havent already update the intel driver , this appears to be the latest driver - Link , sometimes a mismatch in drivers can cause issues

Systems such as yours it is the intel card acts as the base for the nvidia card, why the monitor shows as connected to the intel and not the nvidia card in the dxdiag.

Edit - Just dug a bit deeper are these the drivers you installed originally ? - Link

I think you should use the lenova drivers rather then the Intel I linked previously, the lenova drivers have matched intel drivers to the nvidia driver in the one package.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 77 of 226 (1,393 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Delgorath wrote:

Can you post a Dxdiag ...

Message 78 of 226 (1,381 Views)

Champion (Retired)

3 things I see straight off.  Windows update failures.  Corsair Link and CAM, both of which can cause issues. 

Message 79 of 226 (1,376 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@proxos666 wrote:

@Nyepo

If you havent already update the intel driver , this appears to be the latest driver - Link , sometimes a mismatch in drivers can cause issues

Systems such as yours it is the intel card acts as the base for the nvidia card, why the monitor shows as connected to the intel and not the nvidia card in the dxdiag.

Edit - Just dug a bit deeper are these the drivers you installed originally ? - Link

I think you should use the lenova drivers rather then the Intel I linked previously, the lenova drivers have matched intel drivers to the nvidia driver in the one package.

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. I have the latest drivers released by Lenovo for this laptop, that's probably why there's a new version on Intel website that I still don't have.

Point is, this configuration was working perfectly before 1.07 hotfix, with these exact same drivers ... Disappointed

Message 80 of 226 (1,369 Views)