mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★ Guide

@kanaioti wrote:

What about the remaining 5%? 

None of the presented solutions worked for me. So for me IT IS NOT SOLVED!!!

What's the point of rolling out update if this will crash the product?

The game was working fine before your FIX...

It can be extremely frustrating to be in the 5% group of players whose game won't launch.  I do think it's more of a Windows OS issue as opposed to anything that patch 1.07 did.  I don't really like Windows 10, but I'm stuck with it as it was my only option on a new PC I bought about 6 months ago.  I also had a similar issue with FO4 & Witcher 3, where after playing for 60-70 hours, the game(s) just would no longer launch.  I did the following, which made my gaming life much less frustrating:

1-Created an exception for Origin/Steam/and GOG in my AV program (Trend Micro).  I also create an exception for any game that  I'm playing.

2-Created a desktop short cut for any game that I'm playing, then start the game by right clicking on that icon to "run as administrator".  I keep Origin/Steam/GOG (which ever service is relevant to the game I'm playing) minimized in the task bar, but I never start the game from within them.

Since doing these things I haven't had any launch issues with any games that I'm playing, which is currently MEA.  You may have already tried these things, but I thought if you haven't, it might be a fix for you.  Much easier than uninstalling and reinstalling your game or OS. 

Message 31 of 226 (5,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as OP, so far I have tried:

- Updating Windows 10

- Checked that my graphics card drivers are up to date

- Running the game in offline mode

- Running both Origin and the game itself as administrator

- Repairing the game from the Origin client

- Updating the game from the Origin client

- Making exceptions for both the game and the Origin client in my Windows Firewall and Antivirus software so they wouldn't block anything

- Reinstalling all of my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

- Reinstalling Origin

- Reinstalling the game itself (this one was the most tedious because the 45 gb download took me 8 hours, so I'd rather not do it again)

None of these helped me, the problem is always the same, no black screen, no error, just nothing. I have included my DxDiag file, any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 32 of 226 (5,596 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@akaranzo

You've got a faulty profile I think on your Windows machine.  The WinSetup errors in the Dxdiag are caused by trying to upgrade to Windows 10 using a user account.  Create a new account, with Administrator privileges and try installing again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-loc...

You might need to update drivers and possibly Windows updates as well ..

Message 33 of 226 (5,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

You need to set Origin to offline mode, launch the game which will ask you to sign in and activate the license, the game should launch in offline mode, now exit the game, go back to Origin and set it back to Online mode. You should be able to launch the game normally now.

I have had this same problem with previous Origin games (Battlefield 4 and Hardline) I hope this works for you.

I spent over 2 hours with Origin support and not 1 of the 5 different techs could help me out. I use to never have a problem with Origin but lately this * has been the cause of so many headaches.

Good Luck!

Message 34 of 226 (5,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Greetings

I have just updated my game and, like the other people here, cannot play it anymore.

I've tried all the suggested solutions and none of them work.

Are there logs or anything that we could post that might be useful to EA to help understand why this is not working?

Thanks in advance.

Message 35 of 226 (5,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Delgorath 

This worked for me, thank you so much! But I still don't think it's a permanent solution, it would be kind of annoying to have to start using a different account every time I want to play this game so hopefully there's a fix sooner rather than later.

Message 36 of 226 (5,550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@akaranzoThere wont be a game fix for it.  Its a problem with your Windows PC, nothing to do with the game.  You could delete your old account and rename the new one, you would have to migrate your stuff over.  Fix from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/made-a-new-account-on-same-com...

@BunnehHaikuPost your Dxdiag file and I will look at it. 

Message 37 of 226 (5,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Delgorath - attaching the file now.

Message 38 of 226 (5,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues plays it on my xbox1 since update. anyone know how to sort it?

Message 39 of 226 (5,534 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BunnehHaiku

You need to make sure your pagefile is set to manage across all volumes.  Right-click MassEffectAndromeda.exe and turn off fullscreen optimisations.  Go Offline in Origin and then Launch Andromeda.  If it still doesnt launch then you need to repair the 2015 redist ,, instructions are in the thread you posted in ...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-not-launching-after-Hotfix/m-p/6069475#U6069475

Message 40 of 226 (5,522 Views)