mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★★★★ Newbie
Pretty confident mine isn't OC'd and honestly I wouldn't want to mess with it I have a lot of money invested into my system and it's not worth screwing up for a video game. I have graduate school still to finish and I kinda need my desktop! :-)
Message 21 of 226 (3,312 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here dude. I've tried all the fixes as well, but nothing happens. I'm just sad because i really liked the game despite its flaws. I have around 80 hours in it. I haven't been able to play it since the patch as many others. I thank you all for the suggestions.

Message 22 of 226 (3,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I couldn't launch the game after an Intellaptopgaming.DLL file went missing after the patch.  So I uninstalled the game using RevoUninstaller in Advanced mode, then reinstalled the game on a different drive.  Worked perfect after.

Message 23 of 226 (3,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had this issue since the patch too, and not a single posted fix has worked for me. Meanwhile EA is ignoring the problem. I guess I'm stuck with an expensive, deluxe waste of hard-drive space until they finally decide to address this issue. 

Message 24 of 226 (3,216 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem today. I got a message saying my graphics drive was broken or had been uninstalled and the game would not load. I checked in task manager and the game did not show in apps, but a lot of memory was being used. I scrolled down in "background processes" and found that ME A was running in background. I closed it and retried starting it in origin. Mo go. I have GForce experience installed and tried starting it there (also to check that I did have the up to date driver). It worked fine, but Origin would not go online. At least the game is working again.

Message 25 of 226 (3,085 Views)

★★ Novice

What about the remaining 5%? 

None of the presented solutions worked for me. So for me IT IS NOT SOLVED!!!

What's the point of rolling out update if this will crash the product?

The game was working fine before your FIX...

Message 26 of 226 (2,838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@kanaioti wrote:

What about the remaining 5%? 

None of the presented solutions worked for me. So for me IT IS NOT SOLVED!!!

What's the point of rolling out update if this will crash the product?

The game was working fine before your FIX...

No solution posted here thus far has worked for me either, I even went as far as doing a full restore of Win 10. The game worked perfect for me right up until the latest patch, I sure as hell didn't break it.

Message 27 of 226 (2,832 Views)

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda not patched from HERE

★★★★★ Expert

Look around more thoroughly.  THIS is a peer to peer forum, on a game player community website.  No one from Bioware has ever dropped in here to say "hello".  WE never patched anything from here, we sell nothing whatsoever, we just help out with the less complex of game troubles that a gamer can solve for himself / herself. 

From where I sit, it's been more Microsoft's meddling than EA's. 

Message 28 of 226 (2,830 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Absolutely @Gorath_the_Elder I keep trying to point out that its not the game its generally a problem with the Windows installation being incorrectly configured and Microsofts recent updates, especially to Windows 10 havent helped at all.  Contrary to some players personal beliefs there are 10s of thousands of users playing the game without any real  issues. 

I dont work for EA either, just a gamer trying to help others.

Message 29 of 226 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Pro

I would be very tempted to look outside of ME:A itself and look more towards a VCRedist 2015 x86 re-install or repair as this VCRedist has given other users issues during this 1.07 patch install.

They do exist in your games install folder for ME:A but install can be grabbed from microsoft themselves.   install it with a right click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR to ensure full elevated rights even in a profile that is administrator on your pc in windows 10 needs this elevation for some installs.

You have nothing to lose whatsoever by trying this repair installation i'm sure, and as you've exhausted all other things, trying this shouldn't be a problem.

Message 30 of 226 (2,801 Views)