mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue as you. Did you end up getting it to work?

@TaliZorEl 

Message 221 of 226 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I did manage to get it working, but you might not like the method. Since I had similar issues with Dragon Age Inquisition, I had a feeling there was a problem with the registry so I tooled around with it. While I got it working for Inquisition in the day, it didn't work for Andromeda so I went nuclear--I (soft) reformatted my C drive. I was wanting to do it for a while, so it wasn't super drastic for me but it's pretty hardcore just for a game.

Good news is it booted up fine after that. I really think if you don't have a perfect install using EA Desktop or Origin, it will taint your registry somehow in a way that's really, really hard to undo.

Message 222 of 226 (1,702 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@TaliZorEl Wow, thats crazy... i think im just going to skip this one lol
Message 223 of 226 (1,689 Views)

Rif.: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★★ Novice

Found the solution as it's explained in the last message of the first page of the post in the following link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/CnC3-Tiberium-wars-doesnt-start-in-windows-10/... 

There's only to exclude the .exe of the game from the exploit protection on Windows 10 security management.

This fixed  some of my EA collection games such as C&C3, Red Alert 2 and some other non EA games like Final Fantasy XV and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition.

Hope it works for you too.

Message 224 of 226 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so very much.

I was looking now for a few days for a solution to play Mass Effect Andromeda again but nothing worked.

Thanks to you I am finally able to start my second run through the game.

The exclusion of the exploit protection was the only thing that helped!

Message 225 of 226 (459 Views)

Community Manager

@GalenMarekOne wrote:

Found the solution as it's explained in the last message of the first page of the post in the following link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/CnC3-Tiberium-wars-doesnt-start-in-windows-10/... 

There's only to exclude the .exe of the game from the exploit protection on Windows 10 security management.

This fixed  some of my EA collection games such as C&C3, Red Alert 2 and some other non EA games like Final Fantasy XV and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition.

Hope it works for you too.

Good to see that this worked. As this thread is now a bit old, we are going to lock it down. If this pops up again, please start a new thread so that we can start tracking newer issues.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 226 of 226 (445 Views)