Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

mass effect Andromeda not working

by Luthelion12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect Andromeda not working

★★ Novice

I am currently downloading the trial and it says it is playable however when it starts up its just a black window and never progresses past that. what should i do?

Message 1 of 25 (6,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect Andromeda not working

★★★ Novice

If you have Corsair utility engine installed, uninstall it, it should work. Weird i know. 

info:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-troubleshooti...

View in thread

Message 3 of 25 (6,889 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

anyone able to confirm its just an issue with the "playable" part and that you have to wait for it to dl 100%?

Message 2 of 25 (6,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you have Corsair utility engine installed, uninstall it, it should work. Weird i know. 

info:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-troubleshooti...

Message 3 of 25 (6,890 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I do not have Corsair Utility Engine, nor have I ever had it, and it still wont launch. All I get is a "Unable to detect any of the entitled languages"

Message 4 of 25 (6,473 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed it by using atl enter to put the game into windowed and then setting it to borderless windowed in the options.

Message 5 of 25 (6,415 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for me too, alt enter and setting to windowed borderless.

completely ridiculous that a top level studio has such simple * happening with a launch like this.

Learn to QA.

Message 6 of 25 (6,394 Views)

★★ Novice

My fps is being killed it is like 5 fps and I have everything set to its lowest help please!!! and I have a GeForce gtx 965m and an intel icore 7 so I should be good.

Message 7 of 25 (6,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Make sure your laptop is actually using the GTX card and not the integrated graphics.

Then again, GTX 950m seems to perform worse on benchmarks than the minimum required GTX 660, so you might not have much hope there.

Message 8 of 25 (6,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, having some issue with the black screen issue on my friends PC. I downloaded the copy of it on my PC at home, and it's currently verified and working on her secondary PC, so it's not the game files. Her PC config is 6700K no OC, 980Ti, Windows 10 64, with 32GB of DDR4 RAM @ 2600. The working PC is an i7 4770k, gtx 770, Win10 64, 16 GB DDR3 @ 1600.

I have tried turning off antivirus, corsair utility engine (not uninstalling), turned hyper-threading off, set the game to administrator, even tried compatibility with win8, nothing has worked so far to get it past the black screen. Even trying to alt-enter does nothing but make windows angry by making the 'dinging' sound. Oddly enough, it seems to stop loading at 231 MB and then it hangs, and what is worse is it's eating up the free trial time every time it's activated!

UPDATE: Tried uninstalling CUE for her and that did the trick... Guess Bioware is going to have to figure that one out.

Message 9 of 25 (6,131 Views)

★ Novice

I managed to get it working by going to the install folder and running the game from MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe rather than MassEffectAndromeda.exe.

Hope this helps other people.

Message 10 of 25 (6,008 Views)
Twitter Stream