Re: et tu, Bioware?

by Rappeldrache

Original Post

et tu, Bioware?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So, Lost PlanetDestinyMass Effect:Anthem looks amazing. I especially like how on point facial movements and emotional expressions were.

You know what would've been that much more amazing, though? If you didn't sacrifice Mass Effect: Andromeda for it. Kotaku's in-depth review....you know what? None of us needed Kotaku for this. One look at Anthem at E3 is all we needed. It became painfully obvious how Mass Effect was nothing more than a rush-job preorder cash grab while you focused on some new IP we would've appreciated more if you didn't already let us down hardcore.

But hey! Now you got this fancy Destiny clone that will probably make you $$$ on micro-transactions, because that's all that really matters in current-gen gaming. I hope letting down your fans balances out your financial gains. 

Sorry for the rant, folks. I'm sure you've seen enough of these between here and various other forums, but I couldn't help being highly frustrated looking at a trailer that showcased what Andromeda could've been. 

Message 1 of 27 (1,530 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, the cinematics I have seen looks great so it will be interesting to see what the actual game will look like when it comes out in about a year or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 27 (1,499 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

that looks like full performance capture to me. so i would assume it will only have a fraction of the dialogue that MEA has. so yea this level in quality is simple impossible for a game like MEA.

Message 3 of 27 (1,481 Views)

Hero

@sirexodus84 wrote:

It became painfully obvious how Mass Effect was nothing more than a rush-job preorder cash grab

A rush job that took five years to make?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 27 (1,459 Views)

★ Pro

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@sirexodus84 wrote:

It became painfully obvious how Mass Effect was nothing more than a rush-job preorder cash grab

A rush job that took five years to make?

Well, considering they had no idea where they wanted to go the first three years and ended up putting it together in the last 18 months or so, yeah, it became a rush job. Having that in mind though, I'm not sure if the first 3 years of turning in circles can be blamed on EA's schedule for game releases in this case.

Message 5 of 27 (1,446 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry Bioware, even as an "good old fan-girl" I can't push away thoughts like this ....

.... I was hoping they would make it "better", they would save something with the Patches and a DLC. And not .... SAYING NOTHING ... doing nothing what really matters ....

Message 6 of 27 (1,425 Views)

★ Pro

@Rappeldrachehehe, luckily this is now possible too in ME:A

Ryder05.jpg

Ryder06.jpg

They certainly did improve the graphic quality since launch at least.

Message 7 of 27 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Oh cool, I never heard of the Anthem game, but now i know :eahigh_file:... Thanks for posting this!

Game looks sooo cool, wish it was single player though  Wondering

Message 8 of 27 (1,389 Views)

★ Pro

@draqonin wrote:

Oh cool, I never heard of the Anthem game, but now i know :eahigh_file:... Thanks for posting this!

As far as we know there will also be SP content in it so it may still be interesting from that point of view.

Message 9 of 27 (1,385 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@draqonin wrote:

Ikr and you can go underwater too and maybe fight Kraken Party hat

I'm curious how much of it they will cut out. It might be the "downgrade of the century". 

But for now, dat luk gud.

Message 10 of 27 (1,369 Views)