can't launch andromeda

by bruc0rz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't launch andromeda

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having some issues playing andromeda. I have bought the game on steam and installed origin. Whenever I click on the game it launches steam which launches origin. I navigate to the game and click it but then it just reopens origin instead of the game. 

Honestly, how is it possible that the biggest gaming company in the world requires a * launcher that does not even work?! Can't you hire proper devs or hire QA?!

Please help me launch the game. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't launch andromeda

[ Edited ]
Hero

Most of the time this is caused by third party software, specifically antivirus software. Pause your antivirus and see if that allows the game to launch. If it does, make exceptions for all MEA and Origin folders.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,398 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem for months on end.  Originally it wouldn't launch sometimes randomly, now for the longest time, it just doesn't launch at all.

Message 2 of 7 (2,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Most of the time this is caused by third party software, specifically antivirus software. Pause your antivirus and see if that allows the game to launch. If it does, make exceptions for all MEA and Origin folders.

Message 3 of 7 (2,399 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure how anti virus or firewall can be blamed for this when it's apparently something wrong with the Origin client. The debug log has info in it, yet no one at EA had asked for that kind of information or tried to troubleshoot this what-so-ever. They just keep sending "suggestions" on fixes, some of which, like the anti-virus stuff has nothing to do with the problem.

I am hoping and wishing that someone at EA will actually care about this problem and do something about it, but not gonna hold my breath.....

Jeff

Message 4 of 7 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Fred_vdp I've tried all of those options and nothing works, this is an issue that is not new and is still giving problems, I try to launch MEA from the EA Play App and nothing happens, I have given all permissions and paused antivirus and still, nothing happens I need help, please.
Message 5 of 7 (1,659 Views)

Hero

@STAR74MARS To be completely certain that no third party software is interfering, you may want to try to launch the game after performing a clean boot. This restarts your PC with only essential software. https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I don't have much experience with the EA app myself because it was still lacking some features when I last tried it. Do you have the same problem when using Origin?

If nothing else, could you post a DxDiag file? Maybe that reveals a clue.

Message 6 of 7 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had problems launching the game too at first. I did not seem to do anything. 

I had to force close it to attempt it again. 

One day however I forgot to close it down. Went for coffee, when I returned It had a warning about not being able to load savegames from online. After that it started normally. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,397 Views)