Re: You have a good looking Ryder? Show it HERE, please

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's my first Ryder

Message 91 of 157 (1,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hope it doesnt count as a necro...

Yday i finished my second PT (yeah i know, only 2 playthrough after 2,5 months but dont have much free time due to work commitments) and convinced myself to start my very first biotic character ever as a female Ryder. I already had a custom Sara i made for my Scott as a twin and i remember i spent 30-40 mins back then to perfect it only to see it for about 15 mins in total.

Its kind of funny because now im using Sara as a main character, and a custom Scott i had back then as her twin who basically sleeps through the entire game and 2 days ago he kicked the Archon's a*$.

Mass Effect Andromeda 05.29.2017 - 14.22.14.03.png

Mass Effect Andromeda 05.29.2017 - 14.32.54.10.png

Too bad if you use Sara as the pathfinder, Alec looks veery ugly (preset 9) Confused. Its unreal how he got together 2 handsome kids...cant imagine that it was all Ellen's genes eitherLarge smile

Message 92 of 157 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

RoastPotato26 a écrit :

Hope it doesnt count as a necro...

Yday i finished my second PT (yeah i know, only 2 playthrough after 2,5 months but dont have much free time due to work commitments) and convinced myself to start my very first biotic character ever as a female Ryder. I already had a custom Sara i made for my Scott as a twin and i remember i spent 30-40 mins back then to perfect it only to see it for about 15 mins in total.

Its kind of funny because now im using Sara as a main character, and a custom Scott i had back then as her twin who basically sleeps through the entire game and 2 days ago he kicked the Archon's a*$.

Mass Effect Andromeda 05.29.2017 - 14.22.14.03.png

Mass Effect Andromeda 05.29.2017 - 14.32.54.10.png

Too bad if you use Sara as the pathfinder, Alec looks veery ugly (preset 9) Confused. Its unreal how he got together 2 handsome kids...cant imagine that it was all Ellen's genes eitherLarge smile

Very cool you're Sara Ryder! Angel

Message 93 of 157 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I picked the "whitest" pale skin colour.. and my sarah is like really suntanned.. can't work it out, maybe the game just doesn't do white.

She actually reminds me of my first gfs best mate.. the one I always actually fancied but couldn't date.. Frown

Doesn't matter what light she is in, still dark skin..

Message 94 of 157 (1,564 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The white definition will indeed vary a lot from place to place. I'm sure they need to design CC trying to give as much liberty as possible, in spite of their own racial resignations, as it seems some of the designers there have a difficult time accepting that.

To me, the whitest skin in this game already looks very pale, but that's because in my country, even having a great diversity of people around, too clear skinned people are really much harder to come by, as well as too dark skinned, but all the others are quite easy to find. There's also those with pinky skins, yellowish etc. CC must be designed to support all these variables. The same for the default head-shapes.

Message 95 of 157 (1,561 Views)

★ Pro

And what we/I really want from CC is mixing and matching face parts (eyes, noses, mouths, brows, etc) from all the faces, and not be "locked in" with the base faces which you can only scale (small nose/big nose).

Message 96 of 157 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Islander girls on the inner hebridies in scotland, many have extremely pale skin, almost like snow.  That's what I was aiming for.. but she seemed alright in medbay.. then after the bridge scenes, she just went all tanned on me.

Typical.. lol.

Yeh the father is clearly modelled from the male ryder.. maybe the female is also modelled off the mother.. so maybe the mother being quite tanned, is affecting all the females other than default sara, unless you maybe have to choose one of the paler default heads, to get the paler skin to work.

Message 97 of 157 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah, i had a scottish co-worker when i was working in the UK. We were working together for 2 years and when i went for holiday back to hungary i invited her with myself. It was a pretty standard summer for us, 30-35 degrees so nothing special. She was pretty white-ish, and after we got off the plane she was already dying after about 30 mins or so...and got sunburnt on the third day when we went out  Large smile 

Thats why im aiming for tanned skin, or at least not the most pale one. Its more like you choose it according to where you grew up and how the people were around you. Though people who naturally have deeper skin tone probably wont choose the pale cuz it just doesnt look natural in their eyes, but the opposite have greater chance to choose the tanned just to try something new.

Message 98 of 157 (1,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ykLIrWBW3U8/ToBWmeFerAI/AAAAAAAAA4c/g8uJccupKZE/s1600/belinda_mason_Albino_asian_woman.jpg

I think they need to consider all hues of skin. Going from albinism to the darkest, almost blueish ones. And also, as vellu said, modify and combine parts of the head. It's utterly hard to comprehend that they found normal and 'cool' being able to make abominations from those preset faces, but limited mixing their parts, if not afraid to generate huge amounts of mess.

Well, supposed to wait until the so announced CC update, whenever it is coming.

Message 99 of 157 (1,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcgku04WJlU

Girl in this video is saying that what we make in cc is not what we get ingame, that the game changes what we make, rounds everything off, so she's making cc faces that are over what she wants, so that when the game re renders them, they look better ingame.

Which is all WAY over my head.. probably because I'm not a girl.  Give me a broken car or a weed covered garden anyday.. give me makeup and lipstick and I'm screwed.

But the main issue seems to be not so much CC but that the game remakes what we make in CC and it's that change that's making our skins darker etc.  Could just be a bug or it could be something that's by design.  Which makes making CC faces much harder.

Message 100 of 157 (1,523 Views)