Re: Xbox game pass Missing online Access

by Niomh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox game pass Missing online Access

★★★★★ Novice

Who exactly do I contact to get this issue sorted?

I've spoken to EA tech support who have said

"As advised you have no PC edition of Mass Effect: Andromeda. If you have any version installed. I need you to uninstall and remove the game from your library before trying to re-add it. If you are unable to add the game I would need you to contact Xbox. The reason for that being if you don't have access then the Xbox game pass ultimate 'flag' may not be getting passed through, what they need to do I don't know I don't have access to their systems or tools."

And after speaking to Microsoft, they said 

"I got you on that one. We cannot see the licenses of the game on your account as the game is included on EA play. It means that the game is on EA play library which is handled by the game developer. And also that the game is not available from the Microsoft store for PC, here on Xbox, we offer the Xbox console version."

So who sorts out this issue with Xbox game pass versions giving the missing online access error, thus stopping me from going online?

Message 1 of 11 (3,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

OK, we're back at square one. I can now download the game again. 

So I did and missing Online Access is still there. So back to my original question, who sorts that out?

I assume it's you guys as I used to have Origin Access or whatever it was called - so you probably have an artifact somewhere on my account that conflicts with the XBOX game pass version on PC.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (3,173 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey @Niomh, are you getting the error downloading the game or starting the game in EA Desktop?

/Atic
Message 2 of 11 (3,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

At the time it was after launch when it tried to connect to the servers.

Now I can't even download it, after uninstalling it again for another uninstall/reinstall as I get an error when downloading saying "There was a slight  hiccup, we can't download game name unavailable." 

Message 3 of 11 (3,424 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks! Odd @Niomh

Could you try to reinstall EA Desktop and see if you get the same problem.

/Atic
Message 4 of 11 (3,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

I've done pretty much all the troubleshooting steps of people at tech support including:

Uninstalling/ reinstalling EA Desktop

Cache clearing

Flushing DNS

Deleting folders in C:\ProgramData\EA Desktop

copious amounts of reboots

The tile itself says "I own this game" (I don't, it's through game pass, all other games from this state "Included as part of EA Play")

This happened after one of the afformentioned reinstalls where the game got "stuck" in "Preparing download" mode and wouldn't start a download. Ever since then it seems to think I own the game but when it comes to download, it knows I don't. Before that, the game just wasn't in my EA Desktop app in games I own if it wasn't installed.

This all comes on the back of the issue I had originally which is missing online access. I assume it's because I played it when I had a paid version of EA Play and now do it through Xbox Game Pass (originally the PC only version, then upgraded to Ultimate in May) somewhere along the line there's probably an artifact that is screwing me over and Xbox are adamant it isn't them because the game isn't on the MS store so all installs and access is apprently done through EA.

Message 5 of 11 (3,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

OK, we're back at square one. I can now download the game again. 

So I did and missing Online Access is still there. So back to my original question, who sorts that out?

I assume it's you guys as I used to have Origin Access or whatever it was called - so you probably have an artifact somewhere on my account that conflicts with the XBOX game pass version on PC.

Message 6 of 11 (3,174 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Niomh could have been temp issue. Having serval entailments would not cause it.

But glad its working for you!

/Atic
Message 7 of 11 (3,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have similar problems with downloading the game.
I have Andromeda only through x-box game pass
In the x-box app, the install button sends me to the beta EA app. So far so good. It even opens the game's page in the app, and the download option. Even better.
But after selecting the installation folder (that shouldn't be an issue, I've tried various folders, the same result happens with all of them) and accepting the terms of play, it does something that looks like starting the download (for about half a second) than brings up an error message saying:

There’s a problem with your download

Something went wrong during your download. Give us a few minutes, then try again.

And there's only an okay button to click...

The X-box app gave another weird message once, something that'd probably mean it assumes that I'm underage, but I'd find that hard to believe, since it's my microsoft account, so it should know my age, while it's now also linked to my EA account, where I not only had to give my age as well, but I also have multiple games installed with the same exact age requirement...  for years... through Origin... Oh, also since I installed the Beta EA app, origin doesn't work. Even if I close the beta app, Origin doesn't load any of it's content after logging in, so it looks like I might be locked out from Dragon Age, ME2 and ME3 as well, until I somehow manage to solve this issue. In the meantime, I might as well try to add ME3 through the X-Box app, so I can at least check if that works.

Message 8 of 11 (2,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wortigon2000 Thankfully it seems like the other games I had through origin are still accessible through the beta app, so it seems like that part is not an issue at least.
Message 9 of 11 (2,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ya currently I also cannot access online. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Cleared caches and all the other things you normally do in this situation. It loads for awhile then says online access not available at this time. I just want to be able to do the apex missions. Can’t someone make like a small patch or update and make them not attached to online content? Or at least fix this ongoing issue with online access?

Message 10 of 11 (2,509 Views)