Xbow One Issues/playing Mass Effect Andromeda

by madelf69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbow One Issues/playing Mass Effect Andromeda

★ Guide

I have the Xbox One version of Mass Effect Andromeda. I have the downloadable version. My game is saved on my exterior hard drive. While playing the campaign. I have seen many Issues. The background is torn, I have to restart the game, after I save, seems to fix it. Sound cuts out. When starting missions game freezes up, no loading, just the screen is locked, can't do almost anything, I can bring up the game menu. But it won't let me continue the mission. Game's frame refresh rate seems to slow down a lot at times. Is this the game, or console, exterior hard drive, or what? I was doing another mission, I need to find someone who is sick, they should show up, when I use my scanner, at least there silhouette should. but at times I get prompts, I open the scanner, and I see nothing, but the game registers that I found something, but there is nothing there. This game is really messed up, please advise me what to do, or fix it. A very loyal fan, but disappointed.

Message 1 of 10 (3,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbow One Issues/playing Mass Effect Andromeda

★★★★★ Novice
make sure your video output is set to 720p, and NOT 1080p. i have an xbox one s, and this helped a ton. i read up on the game and it seems the game cant really render at 1080p at all. some web sites were saying the best they saw was 900p. there is no difference visually from 720p to 1080p, but the performance is a lot better, so its worth it. it wont fix everything, but i don't get tearing, and the other issues got cut down a LOT. i hope this helps! fyi, the change has to be done through xbox settings, not the game settings, and make sure to close the game and relaunch it after making the changes.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (3,182 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I  had this problem before. but I fixed it how I uninstall   it off line . but you have the digital version of this game I would uninstall it or power cycle for 10 seconds  clear local game saves. try to get the disc version of the game. yes I have disc version of the game and  the digital version of the game .

Message 2 of 10 (3,177 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @madelf69 

I am really sorry for all those issues with the game. Have you updated the game? Power cycled your console? Reinstalling Mass Effect: Andromeda completely can also fix most of this issues. Keep us posted on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 10 (3,176 Views)

★ Guide

Hello. So, you are saying that I should uninstall, then reinstall the game, or don't do this. You said, but I have the digital version of the game, which is confusing, because your statements are broken statements. So please be more clearer with your statements. Maybe try to use complete sentences. And how many times do I have to do this. Because this game is huge, and I am almost half way through it. I really don't want to erase my saved game, then uninstall the game, then reinstall the game, then start a new game, and then keep having to do this, multiple times.  I tried to hard start the console. 

Message 4 of 10 (3,154 Views)

★ Guide

Hello. The Xbox digital version of this game automatically updates the game, so yes I got the most recent update. And the game seems to be running worse. Well, a good day and best wishes to all. What else should I do? 

Message 5 of 10 (3,152 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having some of these same issues on my digital Xbox 1 version. I don't get the screen tearing but I see tons of lagging, music playing in the wrong places, and now I have the galaxy map crash while scanning.  Tried closing and reopening the game, saving and reloading a new save, backing up to an earlier save and reloading, and clearing the cache with no joy.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game now, which takes hours on my rural internet.

I had none of these issues before the 1.05 update and after trying all this, I still have problems. Something major changed in the game with that update and now I'm stuck with a $60 game that's rapidly turning into a white elephant. 

And if you haven't guessed already, I'm not happy about it.

Message 6 of 10 (3,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same issues as me. Well, I paid for the $99.99 version of this game. So I hope that it helps you feel better about purchasing this game, at  $60.00. I'm starting to think that I got really burned.

Well, I can still play the game, but the issues are frustrating, because I need to save the game, exit the game, then reload the game, to get the issues to a playable point. I haven't tried to uninstall the game, then reinstall the game, or erase the saved data, yet. But, I'm getting to that point.

I'm so sick and tired of purchasing things, at a higher rate of money, just to find out that the people, that make this junk, don't seem to care about the customers, that buy them. Well, all I can do now is hope that EA GAMES, will make good on their promises to make great games.

To any EA GAMES, representatives, please fix this mess, and start making, truly, quality products, or I am not going to pre-order anymore of your games and/or I will wait until your games drop in price, then I might buy them. I am refusing to pay top dollar for anymore, of your mediocre products, from your company, unless I see some proof that you are trying to care about your customers. And it's sad for me, because I am a huge fan of the Mass Effect series and a couple of your other titles. Please, give me a reason to have faith in your company, again. 

Again, a good day and best wishes to all. 

Message 7 of 10 (3,133 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
make sure your video output is set to 720p, and NOT 1080p. i have an xbox one s, and this helped a ton. i read up on the game and it seems the game cant really render at 1080p at all. some web sites were saying the best they saw was 900p. there is no difference visually from 720p to 1080p, but the performance is a lot better, so its worth it. it wont fix everything, but i don't get tearing, and the other issues got cut down a LOT. i hope this helps! fyi, the change has to be done through xbox settings, not the game settings, and make sure to close the game and relaunch it after making the changes.
Message 8 of 10 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried lowering everything to do with graphics on both my console and my TV I have bought four different copies of the game I have even bought three different Xbox consoles it does it across all of them I bought the digital copy it doesn't matter every time you enter combat after you get a couple hours into the game you intercombat it starts glitching once you get out of combat you can save reload and it'll quit but as you keep progressing further the glitching gets worse until you just can't even do anything no more and if you start a mission you can't save the game until you finish it so you will end up hitting a point where I can't progress I have tried to beat this game for years like I said I've went through three different Xbox consoles and four different copies of the disc plus a digital copy there is no way to beat the game you just can't you absolutely cannot it's not that it's too hard it's that it won't allow you it will get to a point where it's just froze and you can't go no further but besides that you shouldn't have to lower all your frame rate and graphics and blah blah blah junk just thought of Xbox One x and a 4K TV specifically for that game and it's graphics so turning it down with defeat the purpose of all that money I spent I don't want to turn it down I want the game fixed where I can actually play the thing like it should have been I cannot believe that 5 years after the game comes out and still I can't play the stupid thing I have been one of the biggest fans of Mass effect that there could be ever so needless to say I'd like to be able to play the stupid game I waited for years for this game to come out and now I've waited for years for them to fix it and bought multiple copies of the game and even different systems just so that I could play this game and I still cannot I still have not found a way to play it I don't know if I this is wasting my time asking this because after 5 years you would think that I wouldn't need to ask for a fix to the game that it would have done been resolved by now that being said you think they wouldn't send the game out to be sold when it's broken really I feel like somebody owes me money cuz just to play this game I have spent whatever it cost for for copies of the game and three separate Xboxes because I bought all of that just to try and play that game cuz at first I thought I had a faulty disc then I thought it must have been a faulty system but you go through a couple of systems and a couple of discs and even a digital copy and you finally realize that it's not a equipment issue it's an issue with people not doing their jobs so it'd be nice if I could have the money for three discs and three Xboxes I purchased just so that I could play a game that I still am not able to play right now in 2022 that has a problem that they still haven't fixed nor made a way for you to even fix it, and if that ain't bad enough they're still selling this game though they obviously have no intention fixing it patching it making it where you can fix it and I hear they're working on the next game now they haven't even finished Andromeda and they're they're going to make the game after how about you fix this one for god sakes before starting on the next one please I want to play this game all the way through so I would love so much if you do not tell me how to fix the game fix it yourself it's your job or send me a copy of a disc that doesn't have the issue the Mass effect series has been the greatest series in video game and history and I would love to remain a fan or at least if I'm going to hate it make it because of releasing a game that's just dumb not a game that's actually awesome but won't let you get over halfway through without tearing up please please please for the love of Christ Jesus the holy Ghost and the father himself release a non broken version send out a patch redo the whole thing from the ground up if you have to just make the damn thing playable before I have to suck on a shotgun and gargle some buckshot

Message 9 of 10 (1,368 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (1,042 Views)