Would you join the Andromeda Initiative?

by verkhon

Original Post

Would you join the Andromeda Initiative?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I don´t even know how much of our galaxy is explored in the Mass Effect universe but given the chance to partake in something so adventurous and exciting I know I would do it but I don´t really have any family. Given your current social status with family, friends and all ... would you join the Andromeda Initiative if things were set somewhen in the future?

... and you can´t bring anyone with you which means you would be leaving friends and family behind.

Message 1 of 26 (1,029 Views)

Re: Would you join the Andromeda Initiative?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I can think of many reasons why someone would wish to embark on a journey of no return(doesnt have to be in another galaxy).  People having mid-life crisis who needs a purpose in life.  Family doesnt necessarily equate happiness and fulfillment. so people that are not happy with an oppressive family situation.  People who"bought the pitch" so to say.  Opportunity, greed, running away/clean slate, a job...  Same reasons why our ancestors left africa, travelled to europe, asia and beyond...  only difference is scale and vehicle...  reasons are the same...

Message 2 of 26 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Pro
If I had a useful skill set I think I would. However, I don't think couch potato would be an acceptable line of work.
Message 3 of 26 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Couch potatoes are needed in any society, we are the pinnacle of evolution and the reason why b-movies exist. We share our wisdom in a plethora of fora while demanding very little for our efforts.

Message 4 of 26 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Pro

think i'd be more sellable if i said i was an armchair admiral instead?

Message 5 of 26 (992 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hell no

Message 6 of 26 (982 Views)

★★ Guide

@verkhon wrote:

Couch potatoes are needed in any society, we are the pinnacle of evolution and the reason why b-movies exist. We share our wisdom in a plethora of fora while demanding very little for our efforts.

Yea but there's only one couch in Andromeda, and Liam has it.

Message 7 of 26 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Why spend time here in the forum when there's something similar in real life? It may not be 2 million light-years away, but it shares the same thing: Permanent settlement on Mars. Off you go! :D

Message 8 of 26 (974 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Who would want to live on Mars? Sucky rock planet with in my opinion very little interest, dont know why folks are so obsessed by it. Maybe because its the only viable rock in our solar system we can possibly settle, living in the clouds on Venus just sounds too farfetched. Oooh .. and there is that ice/water moon ... can´t remember the name.

But Mars? .... not enough gravity either.

Message 9 of 26 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The gravity is considered to be sufficient by many people. I guess you need to wait for the other like what, 30 potential habitable planets but Mars is close to happening. I would have signed have up since it's in my country, were it not for me still being a student.

Message 10 of 26 (958 Views)