Re: Windows blocked our attempt to download game content

★★★ Newbie
@Achachucha Cant thank you enough, thought i wasted 80 Dollar
Message 41 of 109 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Achachucha wrote:

Hey guys,

ran into the same problem when Origin updated and then trying to update my games. Nothing worked anymore.

Clearing cache doesnt work. Clean reinstall (reg and all) doesnt work. Normal uninstall doesnt work. Lowering or heightening UAC settings doesnt help.

What helped today was a link provided by a fellow forum user in the *right* forum for this (Origin Client Issues).

Download this older version of Origin via the link below (remove the star at the end) AND UNCHECK AUTOMATIC UPDATES FOR EVERYTHING.

origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe*

Worked instantly for me. All issues resolved. EA please fix, thanks!

THANK YOU SO MUCH @Achachucha . This saved me so much time! I thought I had lost my game forever 

THANK YOU 

Message 42 of 109 (3,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know why this worked, but it did. The update download for Star Wars jedi fallen order is finally going.

Message 43 of 109 (3,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To anyone facing this issue in 2019, here's the fix I just found. (NO CHANGING FILES OR TAKING OWNERSHIP OF FILES) 

This fix may be somewhere else in here, but I took a combination of the comments I read and kind of slapped them together in order to locate my solution. (Using Windows 7 Ultimate)

Step 1. Uninstall Origin (Go to Control Panel and type in the word "uninstall", there should be an option to click "Uninstall Origin". Click that and follow the uninstall wizard.)

Step 2. Reinstall Origin through the official origin site. Click Here To Download from the Official Site (US) 

Step 3. Follow the instillation wizard when downloading Origin, make sure to select "Yes" in all the User Account Control pop-ups, (you will need administration abilities)

Step 4. Open Origin and check if the error persists. If the issue is fixed after you restart Origin, stop here and happy gaming! If not, continue to the following steps.

Step 5. Turn off your computer, and turn it back on. The second your computer turns on, press the F8 key in one second intervals until the Windows Advanced boot-up menu opens.

Step 6. Select "Safe Mode with networking" in the menu using the arrow keys, press enter once "Safe Mode with networking" is highlighted.

Step 7. Allow your computer to start up in Safe Mode, then login to an administrator account. This did not work for me when I used a standard user. 

Step 8. Open Origin and select the game you want to update, and it'll start preparing the files and will not longer be blocked by Windows!

Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 44 of 109 (3,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@C0pperCl0uds Thank you very much. Only your solution worked on me.
Message 45 of 109 (3,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you ACHACHUCHA! I've been trying everything for the last hour. This finally worked. I hate software updates. ><

Message 46 of 109 (2,997 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me too. I have tried it all. I even saved my saves and deleted origin then re-downloaded it. It Did NOT work. I have never had a problem updating sims 4 before and I don't have any custom content and I don't even own a lot of the expansions either. Not sure what to do. I hope EA can find a solution soon.

Message 47 of 109 (2,980 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Achachucha Not all heroes wear capes.. U deserve an AWARD for this solution..
Message 48 of 109 (2,966 Views)

★ Apprentice

Haha glad it worked out guys, not my solution though, found this workaround from another user in the "technical issues for the launcher" - forum. 

I might add that after installing this old version origin forced another update of the launcher after some time. But it seemed this update didnt come with the old issues. Continued working normally.

cheers and enjoy gamers

Message 49 of 109 (2,953 Views)

★★ Novice
@Achachucha thank you, worked
Message 50 of 109 (2,768 Views)