Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

Re: Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

★★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

That's not a lie, it wasn't a 100% certainty that Legion could persuade the  heretic geth to rejoin the geth and he doesnt trust the quarians, they wanted to wipe out his people.  Its called not sharing information, not lying.  It was a very good judgement call. Another thread and another post from you with half correct information speaking ill of ME trilogy characters. In one thread you mention us fans of the trilogy having rose tinted glasses?  I am starting to think you have the opposite, murky hate tinted contact lenses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxJdjTkE9Yk

The first time he leaves it entirely to to you: (ME2 Destroy Heretics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHU9i1hA8I

The second time, he tells you as soon as you disengage from the consensus - of a decision he made while you were in the consensus.

I am guessing, if the Ryders continue, SAM will bring up at some point for justification in the Ma Ryder storyline the decisions you made to tell your sibling (or not) what the real status of things were... among other moral choices you have made. Why it has not come clean yet is anyone's guess.

I don't want to be lied to or misled, even for my own "good" or best interests. At least for me, it is just a twist on the ends justify the means. Frown

Do you ever get the feeling that we are like a Anakin Skywalker?

First episode, nice pure young chap, idealistic and wanted to do good, then finding power...  still doing good...  I am still wondering if the symbiotic relationship with SAM will continue positively.  We already have a glimpse of what SAM can do, he buff ryder up yes, but he can also kill ryder at an instant.  He can survive outside ryder or be transferred.  Also remembering the story of the zha'til also a symbiotic ai relationship who then turn on their host and took over their bodies.  If Bioware chooses this route, we could very well be playing "Anakin" before he becomes Vader and in I dont know MEA3 we may need to face him as the antagonist of that game.

Another interesting concept is in the game "The bureau xcom declassified", it's basically a mix between the Xcom storyline and the ME2/3 combat mechanics(I played it when I was craving for something close to ME).  In this game, you play the protagonist but at a much later stage of the game, you realise that the main protagonist is actually having a symbiotic relationship with the alien controlling him and instead of really playing the role of the protagonist, we are playing the alien, which eventually switched bodies and you ended up playing a different character...  I was initially wondering if we are actually playing SAM without knowing it until the plot further develops. but looking at the final mission where Ryder was technically without SAM(which I feel was a major plot loophole cause he can still switch profiles and no one explain why he could when the link is severed)... 

Message 21 of 35 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@jpcerutti1

"...BTW, you are the guy sweet on the general trader lady right?..."

Wait, are we talking about a different general trader other than this one?:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/What-s-In-a-Name/m-p/6023611#M11027

or this one: 

@PretzleMe wrote:

The general merchant on the Nexus.  That accent gets me every time.  I try not to love her.  I do.  But then she asks if she can help me with anything today and my video game heart becomes Omni-Gel in her hands.

Message 22 of 35 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

@jpcerutti1

or this one: 

@PretzleMe wrote:

The general merchant on the Nexus.  That accent gets me every time.  I try not to love her.  I do.  But then she asks if she can help me with anything today and my video game heart becomes Omni-Gel in her hands.

can't recall if that's the same thread, but somewhere around here i said something about the general store shopkeeper on the nexus, it was along the lines of, fairly early in the game she's the first human female i've found attractive. (not verbatim, but close enough)

---edit

might have mentioned her accent too. just right, IMHO.

Message 23 of 35 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

@jpcerutti1

or this one: 

@PretzleMe wrote:

Oh. Man. I'm *so* sorry. Frown I am talking about the Nexus gal. If any of the other traders mention you I'll... I'll... I'll keep my mouth shut.

Message 24 of 35 (541 Views)

★★★ Pro
Just how many people are pining for the same nexus shopkeeper, besides me?
Message 25 of 35 (522 Views)

★★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

That's not a lie, it wasn't a 100% certainty that Legion could persuade the  heretic geth to rejoin the geth and he doesnt trust the quarians, they wanted to wipe out his people.  Its called not sharing information, not lying.  It was a very good judgement call. Another thread and another post from you with half correct information speaking ill of ME trilogy characters. In one thread you mention us fans of the trilogy having rose tinted glasses?  I am starting to think you have the opposite, murky hate tinted contact lenses?

In all fairness, the ME trilogy was a while ago - Andromeda is now. Its easy to forget small details for a game you havent played in a while.

I know myself - im on pt 3 of andromeda already but have only played the entire trilogy 3 times. Last full pt being over a year ago again now. Although I completely love it, have written fanfic etc for it, a lot of the little details are lost in time (i always have to research specifics for fics as they arise).

Message 26 of 35 (518 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

In all fairness, the ME trilogy was a while ago - Andromeda is now. Its easy to forget small details for a game you havent played in a while.

I know myself - im on pt 3 of andromeda already but have only played the entire trilogy 3 times. Last full pt being over a year ago again now. Although I completely love it, have written fanfic etc for it, a lot of the little details are lost in time (i always have to research specifics for fics as they arise).

Of course it's easy to forget and I would normally ignore it if not for the consistency of misinformation and false facts in many different threads.  Misinformation or false facts used to justify the dislike for many ME trilogy characters may influence others who as you rightfully point out have forgotten the facts. Clarification is in order.

Message 27 of 35 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

The first time he leaves it entirely to to you: (ME2 Destroy Heretics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHU9i1hA8I

The second time, he tells you as soon as you disengage from the consensus - of a decision he made while you were in the consensus.

I am guessing, if the Ryders continue, SAM will bring up at some point for justification in the Ma Ryder storyline the decisions you made to tell your sibling (or not) what the real status of things were... among other moral choices you have made. Why it has not come clean yet is anyone's guess.

I don't want to be lied to or misled, even for my own "good" or best interests. At least for me, it is just a twist on the ends justify the means. Frown

Do you ever get the feeling that we are like a Anakin Skywalker?

First episode, nice pure young chap, idealistic and wanted to do good, then finding power...  still doing good...  I am still wondering if the symbiotic relationship with SAM will continue positively.  We already have a glimpse of what SAM can do, he buff ryder up yes, but he can also kill ryder at an instant.  He can survive outside ryder or be transferred.  Also remembering the story of the zha'til also a symbiotic ai relationship who then turn on their host and took over their bodies.  If Bioware chooses this route, we could very well be playing "Anakin" before he becomes Vader and in I dont know MEA3 we may need to face him as the antagonist of that game.

Another interesting concept is in the game "The bureau xcom declassified", it's basically a mix between the Xcom storyline and the ME2/3 combat mechanics(I played it when I was craving for something close to ME).  In this game, you play the protagonist but at a much later stage of the game, you realise that the main protagonist is actually having a symbiotic relationship with the alien controlling him and instead of really playing the role of the protagonist, we are playing the alien, which eventually switched bodies and you ended up playing a different character...  I was initially wondering if we are actually playing SAM without knowing it until the plot further develops. but looking at the final mission where Ryder was technically without SAM(which I feel was a major plot loophole cause he can still switch profiles and no one explain why he could when the link is severed)... 

I get that feeling a LOT.

We're keeping all of pop's secrets, getting channeled into doing what he (and by extension SAM) wants, and aren't taking a critical or questioning look at any of it. We're being faced with a *lot* of decisions that it is far easier to do the expedient thing than the "right" thing. If it came down to a battle of wills, I'm not sure I could defeat the thing in my head that can drop me like so much dead meat whenever it wants. If it can set up its' own succession I may be in some serious trouble. 

Message 28 of 35 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@PretzleMe wrote:

@jpcerutti1

or this one: 

@PretzleMe wrote:

Oh. Man. I'm *so* sorry. Frown I am talking about the Nexus gal. If any of the other traders mention you I'll... I'll... I'll keep my mouth shut.

No.  My point was just that there was some confusion there on who said what, lol.  I said something about her in 2 different threads (one that I started) and no one  even mentioned agreeing with me so I thought it was weird that you put that on someone else and that someone else claimed it was them, but it's cool.

Mhmm.  I see you @jpcerutti1 

I see how it is, mhmm.

Lol

Message 29 of 35 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@PretzleMe wrote:

@jpcerutti1

or this one: 

@PretzleMe wrote:

No.  My point was just that there was some confusion there on who said what, lol.  I said something about her in 2 different threads (one that I started) and no one  even mentioned agreeing with me so I thought it was weird that you put that on someone else and that someone else claimed it was them, but it's cool.

Mhmm.  I see you @jpcerutti1 

I see how it is, mhmm.

Lol

All I said was that I thought he wasn't seeing anybody and probably was available. I think I might of also mentioned he was becoming instrumental in saving the galaxy - but I'm sure you are too. Next time it'll just be cash and carry. No chitchat. Promise. Standard smile

Message 30 of 35 (488 Views)