Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

Re: Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

alec designed sam, so if there's a way to keep things from sam, i guess alec would know.

Message 11 of 35 (657 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

alec designed sam, so if there's a way to keep things from sam, i guess alec would know.

BUT he built him from the ground up and set blocks, that he activates (and can be unlocked), to things that are already there. He doesn't encrypt until he has his helmet off... and I'm reading the journal before any of that happens.

BTW, you are the guy sweet on the general trader lady right? Last time I was buying Cobras, she asked about you.Standard smile

Message 12 of 35 (654 Views)

★★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1

lol, yes i am. so thanx for love note. haha

Message 13 of 35 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Alec most likely instructed sam to play dumb it's possible the locks never really exist but the fragments was simply a way to make sure you was actually ready for whatever was ahead and not dump everything on you at once just because an AI lies don't mean its neferious legion lies to you too but his intentions was pure

Message 14 of 35 (640 Views)

★★★ Pro

Simply put, strings were pulled, that's what happens when you develop an AI and The Benefactor wants it in the initiative...  Your kids gets special treatment, with an A-05 classification meaning they have the first seats in the initiative, but they dont need to know about it nor participate in the training as their seats are guaranteed.  Alec Ryder's motivation has always been his spouse, that's why he's part of the initiative and later after knowing that the reapers are moving in, even more so to save his kids and spouse.  He was kicked out of the alliance, his career and a big part of his life because of SAM in order to save his spouse. Cora's important and he probably respects her biotic abilities and can keep his kids safe, but she's not family.  His motivations are clear and I can understand where he's coming from.

Message 15 of 35 (631 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ViViD_Prime wrote:

Alec most likely instructed sam to play dumb it's possible the locks never really exist but the fragments was simply a way to make sure you was actually ready for whatever was ahead and not dump everything on you at once just because an AI lies don't mean its neferious legion lies to you too but his intentions was pure

Where did Legion lie? At best he failed to tell me of further developments - and both told me eventually and was completely honest when called out about it... also ashamed.

SAM is no Legion. SAM is deceiving me from square one.

Message 16 of 35 (630 Views)

★ Guide

Legion lied about the heratics he knew it would not turn out as he claimed and he still lied to shepard about it

Message 17 of 35 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

That's not a lie, it wasn't a 100% certainty that Legion could persuade the  heretic geth to rejoin the geth and he doesnt trust the quarians, they wanted to wipe out his people.  Its called not sharing information, not lying.  It was a very good judgement call. Another thread and another post from you with half correct information speaking ill of ME trilogy characters. In one thread you mention us fans of the trilogy having rose tinted glasses?  I am starting to think you have the opposite, murky hate tinted contact lenses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxJdjTkE9Yk

Message 18 of 35 (613 Views)

What makes me scratch my head about the two year training....How did Liam NOT know Cora was a Biotic?????!!!!???  He was surprised by it when she used her power to shield the injured at the shuttle....yet he was supposed to have spent time training with Pathfinders......Cora pretty much announces her Biotics 24/7, yet he somehow misses the memo...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 35 (610 Views)

★★★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

That's not a lie, it wasn't a 100% certainty that Legion could persuade the  heretic geth to rejoin the geth and he doesnt trust the quarians, they wanted to wipe out his people.  Its called not sharing information, not lying.  It was a very good judgement call. Another thread and another post from you with half correct information speaking ill of ME trilogy characters. In one thread you mention us fans of the trilogy having rose tinted glasses?  I am starting to think you have the opposite, murky hate tinted contact lenses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxJdjTkE9Yk

The first time he leaves it entirely to to you: (ME2 Destroy Heretics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHU9i1hA8I

The second time, he tells you as soon as you disengage from the consensus - of a decision he made while you were in the consensus.

I am guessing, if the Ryders continue, SAM will bring up at some point for justification in the Ma Ryder storyline the decisions you made to tell your sibling (or not) what the real status of things were... among other moral choices you have made. Why it has not come clean yet is anyone's guess.

I don't want to be lied to or misled, even for my own "good" or best interests. At least for me, it is just a twist on the ends justify the means. Frown

Message 20 of 35 (596 Views)