Re: Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

by Nykara360

Original Post

Why Don't I Know Who Liam is?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If it lasts for two years (like Liam tells Jaal once in Nomad banter), how come I've never met Liam before? Even if there are five arks (with the Quarian one) that is only thirty-five people total, five seven man teams, training for the same thing, for two years. How come we don't know each other?

Did we all attend some online Pathfinder college and take extranet courses? We had to get together at some point so they could stick SAM's in our heads. Healing from that would take a while (future healing doesn't seem a whole lot faster if  it keeps two of the pathfinding team out of play for the entire game (not counting your sibling).

Message 1 of 35 (932 Views)

★★ Pro

Pretty sure its mentioned the Ryder twins where bought into the program late - guess Dad figured they were young and had time until the time table was upped. Maybe they didn't get to go through the program? Not a huge issue since they both already had combat training.

Message 2 of 35 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

Pretty sure its mentioned the Ryder twins where bought into the program late - guess Dad figured they were young and had time until the time table was upped. Maybe they didn't get to go through the program? Not a huge issue since they both already had combat training.

I thought I remembered a conversation with the AVP guy telling me I was an "early adopter" by my number designation. Maybe Liam was last minute and is pulling Jaal's leg?

PS: I talk to Cora like I've known her for some time, I just don't know about her Asari huntress history (or biotics now that I think of it...) Both of us were nepotism last minute adds and the rest of the Pathfinding team didn't freak out over that?

PPS: No wonder the rest of the pathfinding team bails as soon as they get the chance. I'm sure they're shaking their heads and saying, "Crazy old man, your nepotism almost got us killed and you went and made clueless the new Pathfinder?"

BTW, You were right about the dishonorable discharge. I skipped/skimmed Journal/Codex entries first time around but it *definitely* says that in there.

Message 3 of 35 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

I thought I remembered a conversation with the AVP guy telling me I was an "early adopter" by my number designation. Maybe Liam was last minute and is pulling Jaal's leg?

Ill find the conversation- may have been an early Addison one, or someone else on the nexus but ir was definitely stated the Ryders were bought in late.
Dad may have always intended them to go and listed them early but didn't tell them that fact. 
P.S. Cora was dads second, so stands to reason they were more likely to meet her,
Message 4 of 35 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I actually doubt alec ever meant to actually make cora a pathfinder specially with sam's true purpose

Message 5 of 35 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@ViViD_Prime wrote:

I actually doubt alec ever meant to actually make cora a pathfinder specially with sam's true purpose

I'm still running through the first mission again, slowly this time, reading entries as they come and poking things. I'll see if her journal entry changes but at least ATM it says she's next in line.

ADD: "...Alec Ryder's second-in-command and, if warranted, his successor as pathfinder." Maybe he kept it secret even from SAM? Not sure how you'd do that with something in your head. The Journal/Codex is something SAM is writing, updating, and maintaining. So far, they (Bioware) are doing a pretty good job in the initial mission. There's a couple entries with SAM comments in them and the known/unknown are adapting and morphing as I discover and when comms get re-established.

Message 6 of 35 (897 Views)

★ Guide

It's never directly stated and the codex simply have the offical information alec's own though process would be more in his logs and the big suprise after you get all the memory fragments seems unlikely he would give sam to cora who is 100 % not invovled plus as the game goes on its pretty clear shes a follower not a leader

Message 7 of 35 (890 Views)

★★ Pro

I really hate that he shafted Cora like that but yeah - pretty obvious he was never going to pass SAM to her. Only way it would have happened was if he died outright and SAM automatically transferred to the next Pathfinder.

Message 8 of 35 (881 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

I really hate that he shafted Cora like that but yeah - pretty obvious he was never going to pass SAM to her. Only way it would have happened was if he died outright and SAM automatically transferred to the next Pathfinder.

BUT it makes a pretty important statement. How could he set up an AI/VI network in his head, with all the pre-succession blocks and triggers, without SAM knowing? I'll buy he could hide it from the missus and the kids, but SAM? SAM is writing the journal... and lying (or at the very least intentionally misleading) to both Cora and me. SAM will lie.

Message 9 of 35 (865 Views)

★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

BUT it makes a pretty important statement. How could he set up an AI/VI network in his head, with all the pre-succession blocks and triggers, without SAM knowing? I'll buy he could hide it from the missus and the kids, but SAM? SAM is writing the journal... and lying (or at the very least intentionally misleading) to both Cora and me. SAM will lie.

Here is hoping SAM has good intentions like Edi and not evil ones 😓😓😓

Message 10 of 35 (860 Views)