Re: What's your favorite sniper rifle?

by irmcghee

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Raptor. The MEA version of it is fully automatic, making it more like a modern day marksman's rifle than a full-on sniper rifle which makes it a bit more flexible. And it's far more stable than the Indra and Incisor so even with the lower base damage you can reliably land a whole clip on the target's weak spot if need be. 

Message 11 of 26 (921 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The white one. Single shot Standard smile

Can't remember the name.haha

Tier 10 and single shots almost everything. 75% damage per shot to the heavies.

Message 12 of 26 (917 Views)

★★ Guide

The only single-shot sniper rifles in the game are the Widow and the Isharay, afaik, and the Isharay you can actually build early on due to how easy it is to get Heleus research points.

Message 13 of 26 (3,746 Views)

★★★ Pro
For me the sniper rifles don't have the range to be all that useful. It's really just pathetic. So I usually just go with an assault rifle with a scope. Though, sometimes i do pack a shadow sniper rifle.
Message 14 of 26 (910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sure they do. They just don't do the full damage hits at range. I still see a little white x show up and it takes a few shots to the head for a kill but it works.

Besides, AI combat engagement ranges in this game are so bad that you don't need hilariously long distances for sniping without getting shot at.

Message 15 of 26 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro
The maximum range I can get with any sniper rifle is about 100m, that's just nonsense. Or, imho I guess.

---
An assault rifle hits that distance, so that's what I go with.
Message 16 of 26 (895 Views)

★★ Guide

I use the black widow, and before that the vanquisher.  Both strong damage output with some decent magazine capacity, I tend to still try for headshots when the action gets in closer, and in the tighter spaces with more movement, it's nice to have a little room for a missed shot without needing to reload.

That being said, neither of those is my favorite looking sniper rifle.  On looks alone, I love the Raptor, that's what I want my space rifle of happiness to look like, I just wish I could cram the innards of a black widow into the body of the Raptor.

Message 17 of 26 (881 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pyrion wrote:

Isharay 

Ding ding ding

Message 18 of 26 (879 Views)

★★★ Pro

Seriously slap a bio converter on the isharay, watch your health though.

Message 19 of 26 (868 Views)

★ Guide

@pyrion wrote:

The only single-shot sniper rifles in the game are the Widow and the Isharay, afaik, and the Isharay you can actually build early on due to how easy it is to get Heleus research points.

General consensus seems that these 2 sniper rifles are the most powerful.  I thank all of you for responding.  I was leaning towards the Widow for my next construction, but I think I will also try out the Isharay, especially since I have so many more Heleus points than Milky Way at this point.

As a side note on construction/deconstruction, it's nice that you can get those favored Augmentations back when you deconstruct your old weapons, as you can only research them once, and I find that the ones that I really like are rarely for sale or found as loot.

Message 20 of 26 (848 Views)