Re: What is the possibility of Mass Effect™: Andromeda getting Mods?

by DJ_dog210

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@EvilFear2 wrote:

Hello, i have contacted the support but they dont know the answer =p !

So here my question, I assume most of people know what is Nexus mod.  Can i get ban to use some mods ? I really dont want to be ban on the multi. So, mods that affect like the skin color, or the story are they safe ? I dont know if the multi is like a third party and nothing is related with the gameplay of the story ( i my file and stuff ) SO before i try to use mods i want to know if there any chance i get ban ?

Thank you \m/

Any alteration that changes things for multiplayer can result in action being taken against your account. That has always been their stance. They don't care about single player. Whether or not they are enforcing that (judging by all the complaints of hackers on multiplayer, I'm going to say they're not enforcing it) is another matter entirely. 

Message 21 of 33 (1,526 Views)

★★ Pro

Fo4 even went so far as to support modding on xbox one. ME is far behind on modding support.

Message 22 of 33 (1,522 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback. 

Unfortunately at this time we don't have any info on the possibility of mod support. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 23 of 33 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh okey cool  ! SO i'll mod my single player one obviously i was talking about that. I was only afraid if i mod the single mode maybe there chance i can be ban for i dont know reason maybe that could have affect the multi... aniway thank you mate Standard smile !

Message 24 of 33 (1,497 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well thank you very much for a dev response on the issue. You've made it sound like it could be a possibility, which surely makes me and maybe many others hopeful that it might be some time in the future. I hope that's what you mean anyway, that you guys are considering it. Oh well thanks again!! :D

Message 25 of 33 (1,476 Views)

★ Pro

Doubt there will be an officlal modding tool (there wasn't for the trilogy either, m3explorer was/is community made). And since Frostbyte isn't particularly friendly towards modding it may take a while before we have the necessary tools for modding it, however limited it may be.

Message 26 of 33 (1,467 Views)

★ Apprentice

It doesn't need to be a tool. They just need to provide a quick way to access the data files. 

Once people have access to the hair, eyes, textures etc. and the data files for powers, guns etc. the mods will naturally flow.

What's taking the time now is that with the Frostbite engines modders need to use HEX to edit offsets. In ME3 you were able to edit a fairly easily readable coalesced.ini file that contained much of the game's underlying data. But since it's hex the modders have to create a tool to extract the files, locate the data offsets, present that in an easily viewable and editable format for the average person, and then after editing save that data back into the game file format. 

So the community doesn't necessarily need formal modding tools like they released for Dragon Age Origins at all in order to do what it needs to. And I don't think giving access to data tables has anything to do with licensing issues with third parties. 

There are mods for DA:I which uses the same engine, they are just a pain in the a* to make. 

Message 27 of 33 (1,441 Views)

★★ Guide

Seriously? In the past? What game isn't modded? Even Dragon's Dogma was modded as soon as it came to pc. There are a ton of Witcher 3 mods. I think with Bethesda allowing console users to see just how great mods are, they are creating an entirely new population of people interested in modding. You just have to read the forums to see how many console users are buying pcs just to mod. I think having mods available will be something people will start expecting to have. 

Message 28 of 33 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Pro

seeing as the capability to mod ME3, & DAI without an official toolkit is actually here, i figure the only thing needed to begin MEA modding is just experience & time.

Message 29 of 33 (1,427 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, judging from the Nexus, it's great to see the community is using a new tool to mod Andromeda! It looks pretty tough compared to ME3Explorer, but I'm super excited to use it because I did end up getting MEA on PC. ^-^

Some mods are minor tweaks to how the game works, others are pretty good textures and most are reshades and/or facial presets and saves. Yet to see any big mod packs but it is a promising start so far!! :D

Message 30 of 33 (1,393 Views)