by Xamalion

Original Post

[Voeld] Medical Cache: The Injured Angaran in Eroesk

★★★★★ Guide

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug In Eroesk, when all enemies are killed, the game doesn't return to a non-combat state preventing you from interacting with the injured Angaran, Yeda.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. Download: 219.28 Upload: 12.14
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Eroesk then go to where you would put the medical supplies.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 970
Please enter memory size in GB. 4 GB

When you enter the abandoned outpost Eroesk, in my case I entered because I was doing the Heleus Assignment on Voeld: Medical Caches, you fight the Kett. 

Once all the Kett are eliminated, you remain in a combat state so even when you put your weapon away your squad mates will not.  This prevents you from being able to interact with the injured Angaran asking for help.

This also prevents you from being able to try saving and reloading as you can't save during combat. 

If you enter the Nomad, it will end the combat state but the injured Angaran will disappear.

The only way I found around this was to run to a nearby Kett camp and enter into a fight with them and once that was over, the combat state properly ended.  When I ran back into Eroesk, she is still there and I was able to interact with her.

Despite the workaround, this still an issue that needs to be noted.

Message 1 of 8 (10,070 Views)

Re: [Voeld] Medical Cache: The Injured Angaran in Eroesk

★★ Guide

Yeah I had this too, took a hell of a lot of entering and exiting the area to finally be able to talk with her.

Message 2 of 8 (10,048 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Update: Looks like sometimes that nearby Kett base doesn't spawn so simply running to there and fighting isn't an option.  Seems that if you run away far/long enough and remain out of combat, you will eventually exit the combat state.

Just when you do this, keep in mind the environment.  I tend to use the forwarding station as well as the heaters in that Kett base to be able to run out further.

Again, DO NOT use the Nomad.  If you do, the injured Angaran woman (Yeda) will disappear.

Message 3 of 8 (10,029 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue just now and may have found the problem. In addition to a number of Kett in the ruins there were also 3 Challyrions who appeared after a slight delay. In my playthrough 1 apparently spawned SE of the ruins (just take the SE passage until you look over the plains) instead of being close to the others. Once I killed it I could talk with the npc (Yeda?) who was lying injured near the medical cache.

Hope this helps!! Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (9,893 Views)

★ Novice

I have a fix for this! Park your nomad at the top of the base, kill all The Kett and then after get in your nomad then get back out and go into the room where she is and it will let you talk to her. But make sure you reload a save to where you haven’t been in that room yet 

Message 5 of 8 (5,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PretzleMe It’s a glitch in spawning, as far as I can tell. With the right perks, you can see enemies through walls. I had this glitch on this mission, and from the right distance I could see one remaining kett spawned inside the ice. That’s why you don’t exit the combat state when all the kett are killed; because you missed one that’s impossible to get.
Message 6 of 8 (3,947 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Trojan1401 That's what always happened to me. Most of the time I can determine where they are by the red dot and where my companions are facing (always towards the enemy). I can usually just throw a shockwave in that general direction and kill them. Works most of the time if my shockwave can reach them.
Message 7 of 8 (3,935 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm this problem still exists. For me it helped to stay in the area and go up further the destroyed base. On the upper north entrance a Challyrion appeared out of nowhere.

After killing it my squad mates holstered their weapons and I returned to the injured woman. She was still there and now I could talk to her.

Message 8 of 8 (1,624 Views)