The lack of a manual/quick save option is driving me insane!

by whodatninja117

Original Post

The lack of a manual/quick save option is driving me insane!

★★★ Apprentice

So I'm on Eos where you need to unlock the Kett power facility, and after I defeated everyone defending the gate, I wanted to save before getting bombarded with the next wave of enemies. But I can't, because Bioware doesn't want us to manual/quick save? So I drive around a bit trying to get it to autosave, doesn't work of course, but when I come back, lo and behold the enemies has respawned, and I just wasted about 15 minutes of my time.

Is anyone else fed up with this autosave nonsense?!

Message 1 of 9 (1,243 Views)

Re: The lack of a manual/quick save option is driving me insane!

★★★★ Guide

Dunno about others but I couldn't believe F5 doesn't work in this game.

I was utterly disappointed, how can it even be possible in year 2017?!

Finished the game without it anyway.

In case you believe autosaves are not frequent enough, apparently you can force autosave by switching favorite profiles (F keys).

Message 2 of 9 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sometimes it seems like manual saving isnt possible but all i have to do is move the mouse pointer up and down some over the save buttom. Weird but sometimes it allows me to save at moments i thought its impossible. Not always though, sometimes the game is as bitchy as it seems to be :P

Message 3 of 9 (1,232 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I always do a manual save before going into a vault or starting a big battle.  

They're meant to be a long drawn out challenge, not something you can quicksave your way through every other room.

That said, the game does seem to autosave at certain spots anyway. I had no complaints my first time through.

On my second playthrough now, Insanity mode this time. This should be fun.

Message 4 of 9 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Guide

Think they are looking to fix (maunual saves) in the update thats due soon.

Yes it is frustrating (and stupid)

Message 5 of 9 (1,219 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This facility on Eos is probably the worst, in therms of auto-saving. It has only one and long way before the boss.

And if the game glitches and you have endless waves of kett, it's really easy to die there.

Message 6 of 9 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually, the worst is fighting the Remnant Architect, no autosaves AT ALL between the three phases. No matter how many ways i try to cheat and force it. You can end up replaying the same thing so many times and waste a lot of your time! I play on Hardcore, so it's EXTRA super annoying.

Message 7 of 9 (1,182 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good to know. So I skip him untill they change it.

Challenge is all good, but replaying stuff over and over just because I can't save makes the whole thing more frustraiting than it's worth.

Message 8 of 9 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah or just wait until you're so overleveled it wont matter. But where's the fun in that. There should just be checkpoints or autosaves between boss encounters! Easy fix.

Message 9 of 9 (1,172 Views)