Re: Peebee's Surprise.

by VitesseLumiere

Original Post

★★ Pro

@rugster wrote:

hahahaa!! indeed could probably price that DLC at $200 and still get buyers.  (Who'd then complain they were terrible and unrealistic and cost too much)

I actually prefer the more light hearted sex scenes, don't really want to see naked animated characters.   Although I love Suvi's voice, midlothians only live 10 miles south of me and I've known a few that even looked similar.. I'd prefer irl scenes to animation.  

The Liam/Jaal insult trading moment was hilarious tho.  When Jaal walks away butt naked, had me cracking up.

Yeah I don't really care if I see naked chars or not.. Although if there is a sex scene between two chars I prefer it to be more real. FemShep and the Inquisitor being fully dressed right after sex with Kaidan/Cullen was out of place.
Liam not having an actual sex scene doesn't bother me at all BUT..
All of Jaal's romance scenes are animated nicely and have some amount of realistic length to them, including just the kiss scenes, Liam's just arent. Liam has a couple of very brief? Kiss scenes, one which is a fade to black implied sex scene .. in all of them stuff is in the way. Heads cover lips to lips so you don't even get to see that. Them laying together on the sofa is 3/4 covered  by a table. The Eos date scene pans out way too quickly when they kiss there and again, heads in the way of actually seeing the kissing.
Really other than one, optional hand on cheek, which is her hand on his cheek leading to foreheads touching that you don't see if you take the interrupt .... there is just nothing overly sweet or nicely done with their animations.
And the so called Aya date, what a joke, not even a date at all. Couple of lines od dialigue after the scanning thing everyone else gets and thats it.
Now if you look at Jaal's romance - before they even have sex during that scene they have a chat about the waterfall a kiss interupt, his arms around her while they look at the water talking for a while all before they even get to the fully animated sex scene. Their kiss scene after the meet the family thing again was all in one.. hand on cheek, foreheads touching and then kiss. All well animated and clearly seen. The animation and overall time spent on some romances was clearly a lot more than others.
I don't need to see the sex but plz.. seeing some of the romance and actual kisses properly with hands touching faces, cheeks, chins, whatever would be nice. They can keep their clothes on and fade when they are supposedly off - but let me see the fluffy romance parts !! Put some effort into those animations for the chars that don't get sex scenes, not just for the ones that do. Otherwise it just makes the romance lame and lack luster if you don't get to clearly see the chemistry / attraction between them at least.
Message 11 of 14 (287 Views)

★★ Guide

Actually, the one with Vetra is the one I can't "unsee".  I mean, come on... with your boots on is one thing, but full metal armor?  I'm going to need a freakin' tub of axle grease!

And @Nykara360, I see what you did there:  "...the other romances got shafted..."

But, seriously, I would also prefer dev time spent on thought out and deeper romances for the other characters, and just cut to black at the right moment, rather than time spent on sex scenes.  For instance, besides what has already been mentioned, how you act like a teenager when first flirting with Suvi.  Or even little things like the email from Peebee afterwards.  That's the stuff that actually means something, even if corny sometimes.

Message 12 of 14 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@VitesseLumiere wrote:

Actually, the one with Vetra is the one I can't "unsee".  I mean, come on... with your boots on is one thing, but full metal armor?  I'm going to need a freakin' tub of axle grease!

And @Nykara360, I see what you did there:  "...the other romances got shafted..."

But, seriously, I would also prefer dev time spent on thought out and deeper romances for the other characters, and just cut to black at the right moment, rather than time spent on sex scenes.  For instance, besides what has already been mentioned, how you act like a teenager when first flirting with Suvi.  Or even little things like the email from Peebee afterwards.  That's the stuff that actually means something, even if corny sometimes.

To me what means everything in romances is the growing build up - more than the culmination of sex.

Like, seeing the chemistry and attraction along the way. Awkward flirting is part of that. So is random touches or longing looks, an almost kiss (like Sheps in ME1), an actual reak first kiss and so on.. seeing the looks in their eyes at those times that says fire/heat/love or whatever- thats the stuff that means something to me.

Liam really didn’t get anything like that.. its like the middle of the romance was missing. From a one night stand to hey lets get serious without any of the build up. What little there was, is also off screen (supposed aya date), Yet those are the things I wanna see. The stuff that shows they have something growing between them.

Message 13 of 14 (264 Views)

★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:
I don't need to see the sex but plz.. seeing some of the romance and actual kisses properly with hands touching faces, cheeks, chins, whatever would be nice. They can keep their clothes on and fade when they are supposedly off - but let me see the fluffy romance parts !! Put some effort into those animations for the chars that don't get sex scenes, not just for the ones that do. Otherwise it just makes the romance lame and lack luster if you don't get to clearly see the chemistry / attraction between them at least.

I'm with you here. It would be nice to get some more little romance bits to go with the main romance: looks, touches, little bits of romantic dialog in chats or while exploring, getting an actual rose bush from Hydroponics for Cora to grow in the bio lab....

At least we need a repeatable kiss option

Message 14 of 14 (253 Views)