Re: (PC) Mass Effect Andromeda Digital Deluxe Crashing

by EA_Mako

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't know, it's just that I've paid 26 euros for a few minutes of character customization action and a bit of door opening in-game action.

And since I won't be able to get a refund* it really makes me feel cheated and deeply regret my decision to not pirate the game.

I've attached the DxDiag.txt to this post for what is worth.

So yeah, let's get our random Skinner boxes on and blindly poke in the dark by reinstalling drivers and "unpdating" Windows like it's some sort of alpha release.

Damn, this is frustrating!

*I would LOVE to get proven wrong on this one!

Message 11 of 14 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

Got the furthest so far and actually had to close the game myself!

What did the trick for me was going in the BIOS and switching the processor settings all on auto. Left the XMP profile on, but other than that all stock all the way.
(previously I had the performance profile that came with the hardware selected, so no fancy custom OC or anything like that)

Check your dump files (it's a pain in the *) and see if you get a BugCheck 124 error somewhere as that is associated with CPU issues.

Fingers crossed it turns out to be THE solution.

L.E.:

With the game alt tabbed into the taskbar and after a serious round of playtime, I can safely say that this was indeed the fix.

Message 12 of 14 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish I could start playing it again, but it keeps freezing every time I start it.

Message 13 of 14 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @angelfenton996,

This thread is quite old so I'll be locking it here to avoid further necroposting.

I'd definitely check through these troubleshooting steps as a starting point to see if that helps at all.

If you're still running into trouble after going through those steps and the suggestions in this thread, feel free to start a new thread with more details about your issue and if possible, your DxDiag file. That will give us a bit more info to see what may be going on, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 14 of 14 (566 Views)