Re: Origin Unable to see game installed from steam

by holger1405

Original Post

Origin Unable to see game installed from steam

★ Novice

Having bought ME:A and DA:I on sale on Steam, I figured I'd jump in and play ME:A on PC.  Do the normal thing.  Install on steam, wait for the install to finish.  Launch first time, let it install the needed additional doodads.  Then we get to the crux of the problem - Once it gets to Origin, it fails.  This is not to say it does not and cannot get to Origin.  Origin launches just fine.  But Origin cannot see the game.  I have been trying to get this to work for 12 hours now.  I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Origin.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ME:A multiple times, even tried to install it via Origin once.  I have even rebooted my computer.  Origin still won't let me launch the game because....  I have no clue.  I have included a screencap what I get when I try to launch the game.

Message 1 of 4 (778 Views)

2 things....

1)  Have you made sure Origin and the .exe for MEA are set to run as administrator?

2)  Post up a DxDiag file so we can maybe see something in the hardware or errors messages at bottom that could point to another issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

1 - I didn't have to do such a thing for Battlefront II when I got it also for steam.  It was able to sync up with Origin without issue.  So I don't know why setting them both to be administrator would help matters when it seems Origin itself isn't seeing the installed game.

2 - I have no idea how to get a hold of a dxdiag file, because I'm pretty sure running dxdiag itself doesn't produce such reports.

UPDATE: While following the suggestion of a friend, I tried to see if DA:I had the same issue or not, and the answer is yet it does.  Having run Origin as Admin is not solving the issue either.  This makes it very much something going on with Origin, and not something DxDiag can identify, as it's primarily for hardware diagnostics, not software.

Message 3 of 4 (729 Views)

@DionZeromus 

You linked your Origin and your Steam account?

Here is a guide to create a DxDiag in text file format. Post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Also, try this:

• Make sure Origin and Steam are closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Move the "License" folder to your desktop and rename it to Backup_License.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (683 Views)