Re: Not Again

by VladVonCastein

Original Post

Having put around 160 hours into this game, there is plenty of combat and it is good.

But tastes vary.

Have you tried Candy Crush?

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 16 (226 Views)

★★★ Pro

i've put in 364 hours, so i guess i enjoy the combat too. yes, i have no life.

Message 12 of 16 (222 Views)

★ Pro

Pretty troll op, but I'll bite.

Hours of dialogue vs minutes of combat? I'd say 50/50 overall, but depends on how much exploration you do. If you only do main quests, then propably more dialogue than combat but still not that much difference.

Cannot save anywhere? True, but on my 130ish hours so far I've never been in place where I wanted to save and could not. I don't expect to able to save "mid-mission/combat" though. Always before or after. Or occasionally here and there on planet surface when I'm exploring, no limits (other than out of combat) to saving there. Game makes quite a lot of autosaves too, and since falling of a cliff or into an acid pool doesn't really do anything saving isn't an issue (just resets you to a safe place, thank god though).

Message 13 of 16 (213 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Your fall from the sky, your dad dies, and they meld your mind with a computer - all as part of the tutorial where they explain the controls. What else did you think they needed to put in there? 

I experienced: cinematics, waking up, dawdling around, then going to planet surface. Exploring, killing things we shouldn't have (blames Liam), action alright. Dad dies, cinematics, talking, talking, talking, walking, talking, talking, talkingt, get to the Tempest. The beginning is a bit slow, although you have both slow and action moments, both take too long.  ME1: cinematics, talking, talking, talking, go to the planet, action, action. Linear context. ME2: some talking, you die. Cinematics, action, action, then talking, talking. It's balanced, imho. ME3: cinmeatics, talking, talking. Action, action, then SPLENDID OMG SOUND TRACK, talking, talking, action on Mars. It feels balanced too, with sugar on top (music HOHOHO).

But I'm ok with this slow beginning. It feels fitting.

After that, then things get active, of course.

Message 14 of 16 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Your fall from the sky, your dad dies, and they meld your mind with a computer - all as part of the tutorial where they explain the controls. What else did you think they needed to put in there? 

I experienced: cinematics, waking up, dawdling around, then going to planet surface. Exploring, killing things we shouldn't have (blames Liam), action alright. Dad dies, cinematics, talking, talking, talking, walking, talking, talking, talkingt, get to the Tempest. The beginning is a bit slow, although you have both slow and action moments, both take too long.  ME1: cinematics, talking, talking, talking, go to the planet, action, action. Linear context. ME2: some talking, you die. Cinematics, action, action, then talking, talking. It's balanced, imho. ME3: cinmeatics, talking, talking. Action, action, then SPLENDID OMG SOUND TRACK, talking, talking, action on Mars. It feels balanced too, with sugar on top (music HOHOHO).

But I'm ok with this slow beginning. It feels fitting.

After that, then things get active, of course.

I do kinda miss the pan, zoom in/out, and sweep of the originial cinematics. This is directed more to frame it all as your point of view instead of dramatic action. As tutorial, I think it better than any of the original three - there are flat spots in all of them and I'm not sure how you'd ever get around that completely with a tutorial. You have to pause where the player has to figure out how to work the controls. My favorite part of the tutorial is that it does actually play out a little differently, but to the same conclusion, each time you change any line of dialogue choice or decision within it.

I also think it captures the "spirit" of the game they were going after. Things are coming at you faster than you get to make sense of them and you have to deal with it, sort of a forced greenness, and that even little things you do (or don't do) will matter in the game.

Message 15 of 16 (192 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

i've put in 364 hours, so i guess i enjoy the combat too. yes, i have no life.

LOL I just checked and I clocked 521 hours....  Think you have more life than me my friend...

Anyway now back to ME3 and loving it....  Just finished the first attack on the Citadel, sigh...  Thane just died...  I just invoked Spectre authority (renegade) to allow Captain Sommers to legally punish the traitor who helped cerberus kill his C-Sec mates.  That felt so good...  

Message 16 of 16 (176 Views)