No surround on ME A on PC

by SonicWim

Original Post

No surround on ME A on PC

★★ Novice

I have no voices (or inaudible ones) on my centre speaker in my 5.1 configuration.
A workaround is setting my config to 4.1 but then I only have quadraphonic sound but that's not what I want. Or I could change the game config to stereo but that's also not what I want.

All other games don't have any problem with my hardware and OS setup.

Message 1 of 5 (653 Views)

Re: No surround on ME A on PC

Community Manager

Hey @SonicWim can you check both your system and in-game audio to ensure that they are set correctly and outputting as they should.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (626 Views)

★★ Novice

Everything is in order here.

I also installed ME 1 yesterday and it's the same problem. Either I put the speakers on stereo mode but then only the front an centre speakers work or I put it on 5.1 and then they all work but the dialogues are inaudible, except in cut scenes where you're standing straight in front of the source.

Most of the time my setup is stereo for listening to music and I only switch to 5.1 for 3D games.

Message 3 of 5 (614 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SonicWim I'd recommend taking a look online at info related to your soundcard and the issue with the game. In the past, I have seen users fix this issue using the software OpenAL.

Just so you are aware, OpenAL is a third-party software that EA does not endorse or support.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

I know, it's default installed with the drivers for the sound card. But not configurable, except in config files perhaps.
I never had to use it so I removed it some time ago.

Also, I tried the workaround for ME1 but it changed nothing and there is no workaround available for MEA so this isn't really helpful.

Message 5 of 5 (556 Views)