Re: Multiplayer level 20 cap? seriously?

by dirt1616

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I strongly disagree, the level 20 cap is there for good reason. It encourages you to try out different builds for the same character, wich can play very different. It worked well for ME3 and it works just as well for ME:A. In fact i think you get 1p more than in ME3 allowing for slightly different standard builds (For instance 6-6-6-6-1 instead of the old 6-6-6-5-3).

Also instead of resetting all characters of the same class you can now (only) respec individuals more easily without relying on the very limited number of random box-loot respecs in ME3. So that part is already easier.

Message 11 of 20 (865 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
But honestly all I really want is to be able to max all my Multiplayer skill trees... feel like I'm playing only half a character no matter which way I spec.
Message 12 of 20 (864 Views)

★★★★ Guide

sounds to me like you either dont know what "half" means or havent got any to rank 10. you can max all but a single skill! most do NOT have different skills either, theres very few passives to begin with and most characters have stealth, charge, pull.. just no, they all share skills with other classes.

Message 13 of 20 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My friends and I have tested the "reset" of  a character.  It does nothing but bump the APEX by 25.  There is a different prestige section that counts all XP from the characters that add to that stat (whether they are level 20 or not) and you will get a bump when that hits the XP rating.  However, the XP necessary to get a 1% increase is greater than the XP to get to level 20....

And then it is like 2X that to get the next bump.  You will have to play A LOT of hours to get anything meaningful out of those stats.  Also, if you don't really like those classes you are stuck not getting a bonus as you can't control where the XP goes - it is set by character.

Either tie to bonus stats to resetting a character like it was originally said to be - or allow us to play whatever character we want and let us pick where the XP goes.  Those are my suggestions.

Message 14 of 20 (847 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
How do you get a char to 10? Loot boxes?

Also, the bonus stats need to be something meaningful like 10% per level or MUCH MUCH less xp per level for a pathetic 1%. It's literally not worth persuing at this point.
Message 15 of 20 (835 Views)

★ Guide

The little finger isnt enough Trollbar, hm? want the whole hand? XD

Message 16 of 20 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Krollbar wrote:
But honestly all I really want is to be able to max all my Multiplayer skill trees... feel like I'm playing only half a character no matter which way I spec.

I just realized something. Gawd i wish this game would be more transparent.

The amount of skill points you get for a class increases as you unlock higher "levels" for them through the character cards from shop boxes.

For instance my Human Female Soldier was one of the first chars played. I started with 2p at level 1, played her all the way to 20 and at 20 i had a 66653 setup with 1p left (hence my initial thought).

But meanwhile her character class increased to level X, and after resetting now she starts at level 1 with 25 points. And all the other level X classes i haven't played before also have 25p to start with now. So from there it should be no problem to max all skill trees at 20.

I do find this ill conceived, even if i'm alone in the matter..

Message 17 of 20 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the shield bonus stat at level 2 with 8mil xp, level 3 is at 12mil xp, and I have 3 level 20 chars and a lvl17 char that give progress for that stat. EA_ David, I'm afraid you're misinformed.

Also, thanks to this reddit thread, we now have an idea of how bonus xp progresses.

Message 18 of 20 (805 Views)

★★★★ Guide

1 apex for resetting a character. you also cant max all trees with a rank 10 character you can max 4/5 though.

Message 19 of 20 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree (03/03/2021). Not being able to max all the skill tree is just an error.
There is a lot wrong with this games Multiplayer... but then again I am looking at it from a satellite internet connection and only playing what I can solo. It was a rude awakening to discover there are (7) waves to a mission and the last few are just about impossible solo. Did actually make it to wave 6 on the mission after the tutorial mission solo... when I discovered the NUMBER of waves??
To bad there isn't a solo category... in this her "Multiplayer" world? At least then they could make money off the rest of us!
Just my Op.  

Message 20 of 20 (606 Views)