Re: Most Punchable Character?

by Deckard_Red

Original Post

@TeahouseFox

Side mission on Eleeden(Krogan colony world) if you scan some of the Scavengers..

It offers an explanation on the cause of so many morally corrupt people being part of the initiative. 

Spoiler
You basically find out that the chemical balance in scavengers of the planet is off and maybe is a result of long term stasis, but unknown at this time.  Lexi offers a cure which you can get one of the scavengers to take if you persuade him too, which is supposed to cure him of this.

Also as a note, with the unknown benefactor with unknown motives and resources, it is also possible the Initiative personnel was subverted or sabotaged in some way to include many of these kind of people. 

Now on to the idea about is it right to release them, at the point in time when they boot them off, there is NO known livable planet for them to go to, and no way or means to house them in a prison of any sort.  So basically kicking them off was intended to be an almost certain death sentence and it was only by luck and hard work of the Exiles that they survived.  As far as air locking them goes, that would have caused them to fight harder and likely bred even more trouble long term as people wake up, and learn their relatives and loved ones were spaced.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 51 of 84 (681 Views)

★★★ Guide

@mcsupersport wrote:

@TeahouseFox

Side mission on Eleeden(Krogan colony world) if you scan some of the Scavengers..

It offers an explanation on the cause of so many morally corrupt people being part of the initiative. 

Spoiler
You basically find out that the chemical balance in scavengers of the planet is off and maybe is a result of long term stasis, but unknown at this time.  Lexi offers a cure which you can get one of the scavengers to take if you persuade him too, which is supposed to cure him of this.

Also as a note, with the unknown benefactor with unknown motives and resources, it is also possible the Initiative personnel was subverted or sabotaged in some way to include many of these kind of people. 

Now on to the idea about is it right to release them, at the point in time when they boot them off, there is NO known livable planet for them to go to, and no way or means to house them in a prison of any sort.  So basically kicking them off was intended to be an almost certain death sentence and it was only by luck and hard work of the Exiles that they survived.  As far as air locking them goes, that would have caused them to fight harder and likely bred even more trouble long term as people wake up, and learn their relatives and loved ones were spaced.....

Ah, yes I remember that mission. Seems like it should have been more highlighted? That could be developed into a major plot point going forward, if it doesnt take hold.

As for exile vs airlock, I dunno - exile gives up resources, and if a death sentence (which for some it still turns out to be, since Kadara is not exactly Club Med) you'll still deal with upset people coming out of stasis to find autie, brother, dad or whoever got sent off in an escape pod to maybe find a planet where the atmosphere doesn't kill them outright.

Message 52 of 84 (671 Views)

★★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:
Andromeda really needs a better option tha  exhile too. Who wants to inflict all those * on the rest of the galaxy?

Time for a prison I think.

Not when you aren't sure you can feed your own people you wouldn't. Really, the choice should be being exiled or an airlock. The fact they mention prison for some people would be pretty laughable if you were looking down the barrel of running out of food and air.

Prison is only mentioned for Spender - and thats much later in the game when food supplies are more stable etc.
I meant time for a prison now as in, now Ive finished the game story and they have outposts, food, a place to live - its time to stop sending the badasses back out into the galaxy to just bug us some place else later,
Message 53 of 84 (668 Views)

★★ Guide

Some of the crew actually discuss at different times how many bad apples ended up in the initiative. That they should not have passed the screening process. 

I think that secret collective area that you find isn't meant to be found. Or it is a mission that never triggered. There is a name associated with it. You never see this name until after the Sloane/Reyes pick. If you go back and look at Reyes, terminal/data pad, forgot what it is, it says he is to talk to this person. Think it starts with a L. This L person is who is responsible, maybe one of the dead body, don't remember in that secrect collective area. 

The room with the dead bodies in cages was the cannibal crew. It is close to the secret collective area and one of the first side quests given to us on Kadara but it is not the Collective. Sloane's guy threw out someone who paid... 

Message 54 of 84 (650 Views)

★ Apprentice

: Most Punchable Character?

EA - For delivering this buggy mess .

Message 55 of 84 (642 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah, no...the cannibals were not this area. I know the one you are talking about, but this is not the same location. I did find the cannibal location early on. This is deeper into the map near the location of a salarian who dies in a fall getting ore samples (separate mission obtained from a salarian in the bar in Kadara and a nearby datapad).
Message 56 of 84 (628 Views)

★ Pro

For me it's probably still Sloane. Just a tad too smug for my liking, though I can completely understand a lot of the reasonings people here have for various others.

Message 57 of 84 (618 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Nykara360 wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:
Andromeda really needs a better option tha  exhile too. Who wants to inflict all those * on the rest of the galaxy?

Time for a prison I think.

Not when you aren't sure you can feed your own people you wouldn't. Really, the choice should be being exiled or an airlock. The fact they mention prison for some people would be pretty laughable if you were looking down the barrel of running out of food and air.

Prison is only mentioned for Spender - and thats much later in the game when food supplies are more stable etc.
I meant time for a prison now as in, now Ive finished the game story and they have outposts, food, a place to live - its time to stop sending the badasses back out into the galaxy to just bug us some place else later,

I predict they'll go the Demolition Man route, they have loads of spare cryopods, and it'd definitely be a deterrent.

Message 58 of 84 (609 Views)

★ Pro

The Murder in Kedara Port Rokaar boss chick. I Finally get someone in the Rokaar to talk to me without a huge gunfight and they still make me kill them

Message 59 of 84 (584 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I forgot that Salarian Botanist on Aya.

Wanted to shoot him.

Message 60 of 84 (575 Views)