Re: Most Annoying Quest/Mission?

by Stornskar

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@VitesseLumiere wrote:

Honestly, Liam's loyalty quest.  It was fun, don't misunderstand me.  But the events that led up to the actual ship, I kept thinking to myself "why am I doing this?"

I mean, if I was really a captain of a vessel (and I bring real life submariner experience to the equation), there is no way I wouldn't have ejected his *ss out into space for that garbage.  Yeah, so it all ends up okay in the end, but that was a combination of pure luck and other people coming to the rescue.  My 9 year old also does a better job at apologizing and growing up than Liam.  Ugh, he annoys me...

The mission itself was kind of fun, but I 100% agree regarding Liam - he is an absolute moron, and he alone makes me wish there was a "Space Companion" option on the Tempest. Liam is my least favorite ME companion so far, worse even than James Vega and Jacob Tayler in my opinion. 

My least favorite mission so far is the one surrounding that ex-Salarian intelligence operative. I don't know if it's because it happens towards the end of the game, when I'm kind of tired of all of the planet-hopping missions ... but having to go to Havarl, then to Elaaden, then to the Nexus, then ... wherever the hell, some cave in Kadara. The payout didn't seem worth the effort, I wanted to kill all of them in the end ...

Message 21 of 26 (621 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Havarl. Whole planet.

Nuke it from space and move on. lol

Message 22 of 26 (603 Views)

★★ Guide

Was naming the dead the mission on Eos? If so, after finding everyone, go talk to the quartermaster in the colony. It does not tell you to do this. You just have to wander in and strike up a conversation. It is pretty cool what you get to do next. He is the one that says he was an insufferable *** in the milky way. 

Message 23 of 26 (581 Views)

★ Guide

@PretzleMe wrote:

There are two quests that come to mind for me.

There's one when you're trying to catch up with a pregnant woman and the other one (which I really didn't like) was a mission that starts on the Nexus and you're trying to find a woman that has a highly infectious illness.

It starts on the Nexus and she is somehow always one step ahead of you.  Then she goes into space, and for 6 or so many systems you travel to (some of which seem to only be in the game for this quest as there's practically nothing in them) she still is always one step ahead of you.

She is in a shuttle and you're in a Tempest but she stays well ahead of you.

I hate that quest soooooo much.

Yup. These two.

The annoying thing about the pregnant lady one (okay, one of the annoying things about it) was how Addison was so gung-ho to get her back and forget everything. I tried to push it aside but every time I made a planet viable and had to talk to Addison, she kept hounding me about it. Then Ryder goes to find her and she keeps getting yelled at and Kennedy runs away. I'm like, "if she wants to disappear, let her". If it were anyone else, Addison would have her exiled and forgotten, but since she's her pet, she wants her back and to forget everything. The whole thing was just ugh.

Message 24 of 26 (573 Views)

★ Pro

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@PretzleMe wrote:

There are two quests that come to mind for me.

There's one when you're trying to catch up with a pregnant woman and the other one (which I really didn't like) was a mission that starts on the Nexus and you're trying to find a woman that has a highly infectious illness.

It starts on the Nexus and she is somehow always one step ahead of you.  Then she goes into space, and for 6 or so many systems you travel to (some of which seem to only be in the game for this quest as there's practically nothing in them) she still is always one step ahead of you.

She is in a shuttle and you're in a Tempest but she stays well ahead of you.

I hate that quest soooooo much.

Yup. These two.

The annoying thing about the pregnant lady one (okay, one of the annoying things about it) was how Addison was so gung-ho to get her back and forget everything. I tried to push it aside but every time I made a planet viable and had to talk to Addison, she kept hounding me about it. Then Ryder goes to find her and she keeps getting yelled at and Kennedy runs away. I'm like, "if she wants to disappear, let her". If it were anyone else, Addison would have her exiled and forgotten, but since she's her pet, she wants her back and to forget everything. The whole thing was just ugh.

I'm pretty sure Addison's totally pissed, but wants her back to avoid dead baby PR and to get all her super fancy toys back

Message 25 of 26 (558 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Apart from the ones that are impossible to complete due to bugs?  Two:

- the "Tasks" that involve endless driving to find whatever SAM needs to point me in the right direction.  With no quest markers and the same fights.

- PeeBee's lead-up to her loyalty mission.  Not because it is boring, but because by the time I did it, I was mostly finished...so it involved jumping from system to system...and those awful loading screens...sorry, landing/leaving screens.

Message 26 of 26 (543 Views)