Re: Most Annoying Quest/Mission?

by SixSigmaSix

Original Post

Most Annoying Quest/Mission?

★★ Apprentice

Just wondered what mission annoyed or angered everyone the most.

Probably for me gotta be the fight with the Architect on Eos, he moves around a lot more then the others do and just seems to take longer, 

Wasn't really a fan of Earn Your Badge either but mainly because of fighting like 3 fiends at once and also because the quest couldn't be turned in due to a bug. 

Message 1 of 26 (1,439 Views)

★ Pro

Build a shield generator task. I know it's bugged, but it still pisses me off.

Message 2 of 26 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Pro

ALL missions that required me to find random camps and:

• Scan something 3 times so SAM can makes his hocus pocus
  • Destroy something 3 times so SAM can pinpoint something else
  • Download something 3 times so SAM can remind me I'll die if I don't breathe
  • Find manifestos and party arrangements
  • Waste time
Message 3 of 26 (1,428 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

First it was the 'Naming the Dead' and now I can see it's "Find all the Roekar writings" Any mission where I have to comb over an area and not even get a general 'you're getting warmer' icon is annoying.

Message 4 of 26 (1,417 Views)

★★ Guide

The little mouse quest of annoying things that could spawn at any outlaw camp, but chances are, didn't spawn.

Message 5 of 26 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yup all those useless fetch quest that doesnt come with a map marker, which started in EOS, they are annoying but could still find them and complete the quest(think except for the scanning of colonist bodies one...  is it bugged?  I could never complete it.)  When it reached Havarl with the rokkar manifestos and the one that some sage gave towards the end of Havarl, I really couldnt bother,...  After that was Eladdin with that dumb little mouse...  Also the quest that doesnt show up on the journal, eg the sick dude in kedara together with the salarian with the light bulbs.  Found the 2 druggies, found the "medicinal herb" but couldnt deliver it.

Also after my 3rd playthrough and now on my 4th, I decided not to do any quest(except the main ones) that the outcome turns out negative.  Eg the angara at aya who gave me a quest to fly around looking for his satellites, in the end found out that it was some kedara outlaws that stole them and he's blaming all milky way folks for it.  Bloody ingrate.  

Message 6 of 26 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Pixeldance wrote:

The little mouse quest of annoying things that could spawn at any outlaw camp, but chances are, didn't spawn.

I plain hate those missions copypasted from DA:I (randomly appearing slaves, books, etc). Didn't anyone tell Bioware back then the design of these stinks? Honestly, I never replayed DA:I just because the unbearable respawns and level of grinding needed to complete these.

Anyway, in case anyone from Bioware will ever read this, please, pretty please, never ever make quests like these again, even if you're making a game for your worst enemy.

These quests are so horrible they ruin the overall game quality and feel like a meaningless filler artificially prolonging gaming time just because.

Here's the list of those in case someone is not sure which design I'm talking about.

Eos:

- Data Trail

- The Ghost of Promise

- Watchers

Voeld:

- Catch and Release

- Clearing the Air

- Gone Dark

- Subjugation

Eladeen:

- Cache Flow

- Infection

- Little Mouse

- Volatile

Someone mentioned Naming the Dead, but that one, including Roekar Manifestos and Local Cuisine have objectives at fixed spots where unnecessary grinding is not required, thus were not annoying to me at all. I do like exploring. Backtracking just because something might have appeared somewhere I visited already, but it's luck based, I'll never like.

Message 7 of 26 (1,396 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Honest Architect's are easy...... matter of fact id call NONE of the combat in the game hard at all just have to keep your head down,

and be aware of things around you....lose track of that and yea you die quick...but any how...oh and well don't try and play the short range

meaning biotec charge and Melee skills what ever...if you get caught in the open your Swiss cheese.

The MOST Annoying quests are ALL the TASKS with NO way point markers

there on every planet and I am so not searching every inch of a map for things.....

Message 8 of 26 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SixSigmaSix wrote:

Honest Architect's are easy...... matter of fact id call NONE of the combat in the game hard at all just have to keep your head down,

and be aware of things around you....lose track of that and yea you die quick...but any how...oh and well don't try and play the short range

meaning biotec charge and Melee skills what ever...if you get caught in the open your Swiss cheese.

The MOST Annoying quests are ALL the TASKS with NO way point markers

there on every planet and I am so not searching every inch of a map for things.....

not true, my vanguard was a pointblank biotic & melee killing machine, you just have to use it right i guess.

Message 9 of 26 (1,365 Views)

★★ Guide

Honestly, Liam's loyalty quest.  It was fun, don't misunderstand me.  But the events that led up to the actual ship, I kept thinking to myself "why am I doing this?"

I mean, if I was really a captain of a vessel (and I bring real life submariner experience to the equation), there is no way I wouldn't have ejected his *ss out into space for that garbage.  Yeah, so it all ends up okay in the end, but that was a combination of pure luck and other people coming to the rescue.  My 9 year old also does a better job at apologizing and growing up than Liam.  Ugh, he annoys me...

Message 10 of 26 (1,358 Views)