Re: Missing Online Access

by Zigler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Online Access

★★ Novice

I just bought the game via Steam less than 24 hours ago.

Whenever I launch the game, I get this error: Missing Online Access
You are not allowed to access the online features of this game. See http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play/ for additional information.

I chatted with 2 EA Advisors (Asif R. & Prakhar V.) about the issue but unfortunately they were unable to resolve the issue. So I wasted over 8 hours trying to get this fixed. I already re-verified the integrity of the game files, Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared Origin cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin client. I'm still getting the same error. Before I purchased the game, I was subscribed to EA Play. I just bought the game a few days after my EA Play subscription expired. I found that there are other people experiencing the same issue as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Andromeda/Can-t-access-Online-Features-of-Mass-Effect-Andromed...

I gave that link to the 2nd EA Advisor I chatted with but he still had no clue how to resolve the issue. I was just given instructions to post the issue here and hope for the best.

Message 1 of 9 (2,514 Views)

Accepted Solution

@KleinSchreiden 

You already played the game on your EA Play subscription?

If yes I would suggest to contact EAs Support on Twitter  or on  Facebook. Only support can help in this case and the Twitter help seems to be the best option for this problem. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,460 Views)

All Replies

@KleinSchreiden 

You already played the game on your EA Play subscription?

If yes I would suggest to contact EAs Support on Twitter  or on  Facebook. Only support can help in this case and the Twitter help seems to be the best option for this problem. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 9 (2,461 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I haven't played this game when I still had my EA Play subscription. I only bought this game after my EA Play subscription expired.

Message 3 of 9 (2,448 Views)

@KleinSchreiden 

Then it is a bit strange, but the fact remains that only support can help you with this problem.

As said try to contact them over Twitter.

Message 4 of 9 (2,428 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already chatted with 4 EA Advisors. They were unable to help. I guess I'll just request for a refund then.

Message 5 of 9 (2,422 Views)

★★ Novice
I have talked with 4 tech help as well. I have deleted cache folders, reinstalled both game and origin client, even downloaded the beta EA client. I still get the same issue. Missing online access. No one responded to me on twitter when I tweeted @eahelp.
Message 6 of 9 (2,191 Views)

★★ Novice
@ElJayGee I've read several cases of people contacting EA Help, having them remove the game from your account and then regrant it for a high success rate. Currently looking into the exact method to get a hold of EA Help to try this myself. Can't complete Strike Missions until this is resolved Frown
Message 7 of 9 (2,076 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had this game in my library and used the online strike missions up to the last patch.  not sure it's worth going through uninstalling and reinstalling as that is hrs of time.  guess I play without the addons.  sucks  EA needs to work out their patching.

Message 8 of 9 (1,865 Views)

★ Novice
@RebelledSoldier This is exactly how to fix it, unfortunately almost all CSR's for EA/Origin have no idea how to do this. I've also talked to about 5-6 reps who have no idea what to do; even though I explained it and provided links from where other reps did fix it. At this point they have disabled my Steam version that is shown in the Origin launcher and I can't even play the game now.
Message 9 of 9 (1,495 Views)