Re: Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

by onemadvagabond

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm very unlikely to ever buy a game by Bioware or EA again.    Andromeda was the first,   and now probably the last.    That they're willing to just leave an IP in tatters like this is pathetic.   Even Hello Games are sticking behind No Man's Sky,  apparently that is beyond Bio-EA's skill to do.

I liked Andromeda,  I thought the hate was blown out of proportion.   It deserved criticism but not hate,  and I wanted to keep supporting the game and even played the multiplayer after I finished the singleplayer, which I rarely do for games with multiplayer side-addons.   but now?   Well now they're not supporting it so there's nothing to criticize,  to criticize is to hope things get better.    And so now I'm siding with the "haters",   screw Bioware and EA for this.  

Message 41 of 119 (1,998 Views)

★ Pro

@Sirenapples wrote:

I'm very unlikely to ever buy a game by Bioware or EA again.    Andromeda was the first,   and now probably the last.    That they're willing to just leave an IP in tatters like this is pathetic.   Even Hello Games are sticking behind No Man's Sky,  apparently that is beyond Bio-EA's skill to do.

Yeah that's a big difference with EAWare...it either goes well and then they do the bare minimum or it goes wrong and they abandon ship and focus on something new. Best Customer Experience is a term that these guys have no concept of.

I liked Andromeda,  I thought the hate was blown out of proportion.   It deserved criticism but not hate,  and I wanted to keep supporting the game and even played the multiplayer after I finished the singleplayer, which I rarely do for games with multiplayer side-addons.   but now?   Well now they're not supporting it so there's nothing to criticize,  to criticize is to hope things get better.    And so now I'm siding with the "haters",   screw Bioware and EA for this.  

It was blown out of proportion but it wasn't without reason. It really needed some serious patching. The game's pretty good now, just taking a break but I have to ask EAWare why they think that I as a customer would want to invest into their games? I'll give an example. There's a couple of new albums coming out. I like these bands. The singles are great tracks and both albums have a collector's edition and various versions on vinyl. I decided to buy them all. I used to have that with Mass Effect as well, but that's changed this year. Not because of the game itsel but how they are handling it.

Message 42 of 119 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

@Sirenapples wrote:

Yeah that's a big difference with EAWare...it either goes well and then they do the bare minimum or it goes wrong and they abandon ship and focus on something new. Best Customer Experience is a term that these guys have no concept of.

It was blown out of proportion but it wasn't without reason. It really needed some serious patching. The game's pretty good now, just taking a break but I have to ask EAWare why they think that I as a customer would want to invest into their games? I'll give an example. There's a couple of new albums coming out. I like these bands. The singles are great tracks and both albums have a collector's edition and various versions on vinyl. I decided to buy them all. I used to have that with Mass Effect as well, but that's changed this year. Not because of the game itsel but how they are handling it.

I agree, i would have done things totally different, i mean i know that a quality game, with a quality storyline with as little plot holes as possible that obviously are not meant to be there, unless its for DLCs, i am sure that all of you would buy all Mass Effect games if they were all polished, as bug free as humanly possible with all plot holes filled, unless it will be filled by a DLC....i know i would, but as it stands right now, i will NEVER buy a bioware game again...not even this Antham, cause i know they will do the same to that game, that they are clearly trying to do their own version of Destiny, but they will do just...terrible at it.

Message 43 of 119 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Pro

That has been my general feel since i bought ME:Andromeda.  What this game seriously needed was a bug-tracker so people could look up all the bugs that have been reported first, and also the progress on them (if any), and if not then report a new bug with evidence if possible.   From there, what was truly missing  was enough community liaison with the 'man on the ground' approach.  We could post til we couldn't type any more on here, on what LOOKS like an official forum, yet when you look at it, if you strip away the goodwill and help of the fellow gamers.. what was left  was actually 'not that much' in the way of support.

I felt from the very beginning that it lacked these basic things.. but even more than that.. it lacked promotion!    I dunno, it just seemed to lack the 'fanfares' announcing new features incoming.. the building up of the community pre-patch so that they were eagerly awaiting the new features.. instead.. what we got was a monthly patch and 1 (1.07 hotfix)  which all landed roughly at the same time if not before the patch notes.. but lets be honest it is dubious at best that detail of new features was unknown PRIOR to patch day, and i will dispute that one forever.. so what was missing was even lazy jpegs announcing the new things.. it was all hit and miss then on patch day, and from one patch to the next you had no idea if a serious bug or issue with the game was going to get fixed.  (audio issue aside as they will never.. ever.. fix that).

It just in the end seems like they pushed a product out .. likely against the wishes of the coders who perhaps wanted or needed 2-3 more weeks just to iron out some bugs or detail, and it all came down to MONEY.. it MUST launch on THIS date or we miss the launch window completely.  The fanbase they have/had would have been happy to have the product polished i'm sure.

Message 44 of 119 (1,975 Views)

★★★ Pro

One thing is for sure though, i don't hate bioware as such, i'm not a hater.. a complainer yes.. but i'm only a complainer when there is a major issue and as you'll see from my sound issue thread, it wasn't like i didn't try absolutely everything, including fronting the question twice on the multiplayer livestreams.

I'm not buying either Anthem or SW Battlefront II, i'm a HUGE sci-fi fan, and my games reflect this.. i'm very unlikely to be seen on COD or Battlefield ever, and other game genres would have to be really special for me to pick it up and play it.  SO for me to decide against buying these two products is a big decision for me, and one i've not made lightly, i just want to see a product get the support and attention it needs when i pay over the odds pricewise for it, and even go for the deluxe edition too which i most often do.

While i wish them well with Anthem etc, there is this whole part of me that is angry now that they just walked away from a huge existing fan base while sticking two fingers up at them and hoping that at least some of them will follow them to Anthem.  Well, it is everyones personal decision if they do, but i'm not going to be one of them.. not after this.

Message 45 of 119 (1,970 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't say I will not buy Anthem. I love co-op games to play with my friends but I think I will wait for release and see what is there before buying.

This news is crushing for me like many of you. I cannot stand to leave plot lines dangling. If Bioware does release a follow up game to answer the questions left by MEA then I would likely change my mind. I doubt though a Bioware game will be the ONE for me again.

I really hope I am wrong and the next game they release becomes my favorite of all time, but I just will not waste any time hoping for it.

Message 46 of 119 (1,965 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am on the opposite side co-op wise. Most of my friends have pretty old PC's, and with me working mixtures of night and day shifts I have nobody to play with, and you need friends for most co-op games. This is why I used to love BW games. There was a *-ton of content. Now we get f**k all for our loyalty.
Message 47 of 119 (1,907 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is absolutely ridiculous. I had pre-ordered the full delux version of the game, thinking that I will get the DLCs. This is really not good enough. They have pulled the plug on everything. I want my money back, well at least some of it!!!

OK, the game is not that good but I am a fan of the series. I was slightly disappointed by the ending of ME3 but I really enjoyed the multiplayer. Spent 3000 hours in it. But I will not say the same for the multiplayer mode of Andromeda. Yes, I will doubly, triply careful about buying EA games in the future. And I will advise others the same regarding to EA games.

Message 48 of 119 (1,856 Views)

★ Guide

"Since the release of Mass Effect™: Andromeda, we’ve worked hard to address feedback from our community. From improving animations to expanding customization options, we looked to respond to your concerns, and build on what you loved."

The first sentence says it all.  They refused to address the bugs, glitches and admit they screwed the story up royally.  EA destroys another great series.  For those blaming the people who hated the game for making too much of a stink about it, maybe you should blame Bioware and EA for dropping the ball and destroying another great franchise.  Both of which have seen their last dime from me and I bet many others as well.

I quit playing this game waiting on bioware to fix it and now it will never even be fixed properly.  Which was what I expected beginning with the first patch.  I have come back here on occasion to see if they were doing right by their customers.  I hate that I and so many others have been proven right.  EA is to game franchises what communism is to liberty.

Message 49 of 119 (1,844 Views)

Hero

@Alexoferith wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous. I had pre-ordered the full delux version of the game, thinking that I will get the DLCs. This is really not good enough. They have pulled the plug on everything. I want my money back, well at least some of it!!!

@Alexoferith The Deluxe Edition never promised future DLCs. The post-release story DLC of previous Mass Effect games also had to be purchased separately regardless of which edition you owned. You were never entitled to anything that wasn't already part of the package, with the exception of a few minor things (e.g. a casual outfit).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 50 of 119 (1,825 Views)