Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

by LukeMx

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda DirectX crash

★ Apprentice

Why for love of God would you tell people to slow their fast cards down? Radeons are slow and old. If the game can't run a 1080ti on 2100mhz it is broken. All other games including BF1 run very well Ghost recon has better graphics and runs amazing and it is the Ubisoft game and Ubisoft sucks at making games so how the hell cant Bioware/EA not do better with a great engine like frostbite. Slowing down a card is the worst advise ever. How about they patch the dam broken game so it works. No point buying a 700 Pound card and sticking it under water to downclock  is there??  Might as well buy a wii U then or  a crappy Ps4. 

Message 81 of 228 (2,876 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

★ Apprentice

yes it is win10 they dev the game on win7 build the idiots... wait for patch I run win 10 and it crashes direct x error all the time  wind 7n seems stable first first and only game to not not run better on win 10. Wind 10 is amazing but the Bioware dev's is so out of date. We'll have to wait for the patch. 

Message 82 of 228 (2,871 Views)

★ Apprentice

What ???????????????????????

Message 83 of 228 (2,870 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi I can't play for than 5-10 minutes and I really want to ha. I have set page file to system managed but I will try the 8-10gb tonight, reinstalled drivers, tried different versions, my gpu isn't overclocked unless it came that way, lighting and post are set to low, set to windowed mode. I would like to play even if it's a work around so need some help I have a Radeon rx480 8gb and I have no idea what sli is and if it is available on a non nvidia card or how to check if my card is over clocked and how to underclcok it to test that. I have downloaded after msi and the clock speed is currently 1350mhz. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would gladly take 30-60 minute of game play at this time.
Message 84 of 228 (2,770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Similar problem. Usually can get a couple of hours before a crash to desktop. I have installed directx and vcredlist from the game files, verified installation, installed latest drivers, and disabled my second monitor with no results. The only thing that seemed to work was tweaking the paging file to system decide (which no one should have to do). This has extended my play time from 30 minutes to several hours. I've also tweaked my settings by turning off post-processing and some of the unnecessary options (Anti-aliasing).

Regardless, it's pretty garbage...I'll put my specs below, but I hope they can get to this issue ASAP.

-Windows 7 (64 bit)

-GeForce GTX 780 (Driver: 378.92)

-DirectX 11

-i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz

-16 GB RAM

Message 85 of 228 (2,745 Views)

★ Apprentice

hmm, you're running Windows 7...this discards the OS Windows 10 issue. I was about to install W7 as the last option after having tried everything.

Message 86 of 228 (2,711 Views)

★ Apprentice

Played the game for 36 hours without any crash and finally the DirectX Device Removed Crash occured. Confused

Message 87 of 228 (2,708 Views)

★ Apprentice

36h ? I can't play more than 10 min...

Message 88 of 228 (2,703 Views)

★★ Novice
36 hours can you specify what windows version you are using, hardware, and config like page file and graphic settings etc. I will match as best as I can and see if I can get past 5 minutes
Message 89 of 228 (2,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hiii.

I'm trying to continue the missions on Voeld after a quick trip back up to my ship (checking emails, handling APEX missions and AVP stuff). But on the cutscene down to the planet, the game decides to throw a directx error. I have no way of knowing exactly -what- the error is, as the game sort of overlays everything. Alt-tabbing out doesn't work, and it's quite a bother.

Included are my system specifications.

Issue solved by travelling to another system, then returning to Voeld. Landing successful.

Message 90 of 228 (2,655 Views)