Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

by TheStrakis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

★★★ Novice

When I launch mass effect it open black windowed screen and i waited 30mins but still nothing.

Message 1 of 11 (5,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

★★★ Novice
Message 10 of 11 (5,303 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @TheStrakis

Could you tell us on what platform do you play? Wondering

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 11 (5,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

on pc

Message 3 of 11 (5,074 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@TheStrakis

I'm sorry but I'm going to throw a few more questions at you to understand the problem better Wink

Is the first time when you're trying to launch the game? Does your PC meet minimum requirements? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like disabling your antivirus or reinstalling your GPU drivers?

Thanks for replying!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 11 (5,070 Views)

★★★ Novice

1. First time I launched game it worked but next day it doesn't worked, 2. yes, 3. no I don't tried

Message 5 of 11 (5,061 Views)

@TheStrakis

Please post up a DxDiag file so we have a better understanding of your hardware and sometimes errors listed at the end are very helpful.

I have seen this issue caused by Anti-virus, Razor software, Teamspeak software, other overlay programs, and hardware at the low end of min specs.  Sometimes a clean boot can determine if it is a program interfering or more hardware based....ie low hardware, driver not liked, or something else.

More info is better than less in these situations, so don't be afraid of giving us info, because we may need it to help you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 11 (5,044 Views)

★★★ Novice

RAM:8192MB

Video Card:Radeon RX 560 Series

CPU:AMD FX(tm)-4320 Quad-Core Processor

Message 7 of 11 (5,031 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, to start with your CPU doesn't meet min specs.  Being an AMD unit, min specs is AMD FX 6350 a SIX core processor. 

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-6350-vs-AMD-FX-4320

Now I ran Andromeda for 5 months or so on a 4 core system so I know it will work in some cases, but that is a start with the info.

Below is what I ran it on, compared to your current CPU

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-Black-970-vs-AMD-FX-4320

Now that doesn't change the fact that in AMD chips, yours is below min spec.  BUT this may or may not be the issue, so remember in my post where I said POST a DxDiag file...and that less info isn't helpful.  You posted about the least facts you can from the DxDiag file and still call it a helpful post.  Honestly, DON'T BE AFRAID TO POST INFO HERE IF YOU WANT HELP.  I don't know if it language or if you are shy, but if you want help we need info.  Imaging walking into a doctors office and saying "I don't feel right."  He asks what's wrong, you reply, "Body feels bad.",  He asks Where, you reply "My body."  Do you think that visit will go well??  That is kinda where we are at with your posts, we need INFO...so post the entire DxDiag in an attachment, or link to it posted on a hosting site. It is from the Dragon Age Inquisition forum but I like this how to post to get help post better than the one in this forum so here is the link:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-que...

Also have you tried a clean boot of your system to see if it works then??  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Plus what other things are you running in the background that could hook into the game??  Such as Fraps, any video recording software, Teamspeak or other sharing software, Razor hardware programs, other things that do Overlays for chats, emojis, or stuff??

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 8 of 11 (5,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for my English I'm from Czech Republic  (all what I found)

Message 9 of 11 (5,009 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fixed the game with this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgolBELvAMg

Message 10 of 11 (5,304 Views)
Twitter Stream