Re: Mass Effect 5 teaser trailer

by Valadenthys

Original Post

★ Guide

I know what you mean even though Shepard is long gone. He may have had offspring, they could take up the mantle, who knows.

Message 11 of 15 (609 Views)

@AeromusPrime22 wrote:

While Liara was my first thought, and it's highly likely, I wouldn't say beyond a doubt. Even not being a prequel, it sure seems like it's going back to the Milky Way. Guessing all those choices we made are going to be erased for a canon ending. 

Personally I think it being Liara is utterly beyond doubt.

I'm not convinced that any ending will be canonised, but we'll know in a few years. Standard smile

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 15 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:
I'm not convinced that any ending will be canonised,

I also don't think that they have to make an ending canon. There are literally dozens of ways to avoid that, especially if Liara really aged about 600 years as I asume.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 15 (590 Views)

★★ Guide

I also believe that.  I got happy and upset at the same time when I recognized Liara, but then was told that they showed andromeda and an ark, and I was like "Wow, it's gonna be the sequel to ANDROMEDA but with a cameo of the Milky Way".

Doesn't matter what choices you make in the trilogy, Liara always lives. So here are my fan theories about how this could be possible:

- Destroy ending: Liara obviously lived, and a hundred years later the people of Andromeda manage to contact her. Doesn't matter whether Shepard lived or died (depending on EMS).

- Refuse ending: Everyone was doomed. We got to see Liara's message in Andromeda, but that doesn't necessarily means everyone died in the MW. Even Javik said he was born when the reapers had already attacked in his cycle, yet some protheans got to escape and preserve theirselves in pods. Liara always becomes the shadowbroker with great resources, I struggle to believe she wouldn't have thought of a plan to preserve someone or even herself to have better chances to warn the next cycle.

- Synthesis: She's still alive for obvious reasons. Maybe the weird green glow disappears eventually?

Also, I'm hopeful that just the same way we (hilariously) got to play joker on ME2 without seeing it coming, another excuse of Liara's presence is that we could play as her

It could also be that the trailer is for a game that is between Me:A 1 and Me:A 2, like it happened with Captain Spirit (It wasn't Life is Strange 2, just a game in the same Universe that happens between Life is Strange 1 and Life is Strange 2).

Personally I'll still solemnly believe the trailer is for Andromeda 2 until Bioware directly and officially denies it. They still have so much to work with, Andromeda is as good and as filled with mystery as Mass Effect 1 was in its day, and hell, I'm still waiting for them to discover the kett are actually evolved prothean (another personal  theory and wish of mine)

Message 14 of 15 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just thought of something when i was reading this that the benefactor could be the shadowbroker with all it's resources could have built the Ark's mind you i could be wrong but again who knows.

Message 15 of 15 (499 Views)