MULTIPLAYER BUG - Revenant (Concussive) Rank bug!

by HALOxZealot

Original Post

MULTIPLAYER BUG - Revenant (Concussive) Rank bug!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug MULTIPLAYER BUG - Revenant (Concussive) Assault Rifle Rank bug. Inventory show Revenant (Concussive) 1, while Prestige shows Revenant (Concussive) X unlocked.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Which single-player mode are you playing?
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 150MBPS Upload + Download
What company provides your internet service? Verizon Fios
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Recheck the code for grammatical errors
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 1070 8GB
Please enter memory size in GB. 32

MULTIPLAYER BUG

The Revenant (Concussive) Assault Rifle shows in my inventory as Rank 1 but my Prestige shows Rank X unlocked.  Name Description also has 2 spaces between Revenant and (Concussive). 

Message 1 of 16 (2,817 Views)

Re: MULTIPLAYER BUG - Revenant (Concussive) unobtainable!

★★★ Pro

I'm afraid i'm unable to support this as a bug if i can show that i've got Revenant (Concussive) - II?

rev2.PNG

Message 2 of 16 (2,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The Names on the cards have nothing to do with how the game handles unlocking, those names have to be localizable and therefore the game has to use IDs which are independent from whatever gets put on those cards.

In other words the RNG does not care if the game runs in english, chinese, french or whatever language, and it surely does not care if there is a typo in one of those versions.

It is absolutely possible that you just get other Rare-Cards to X or XX (in case of characters) before you get a second Revenant (Concussive), so, unless you end up receiving no rare/ur-unlocks in 50k/100k-crates while you still do not own that Revenant, i can tell you this:

There is no Bug, you just made a wrong Assumption.

Message 3 of 16 (2,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure how this happened but the experts and premiums do not give me ANYTHING but consumables, and the VERY rare UR.  My Prestige Weapon Collection shows the Revenant (Concussive) X card has been unlocked but my inventory shows Revenant  (Concussive) 1.

I'll attempt to compare the Explosive DPS with another Concussive and report back.

Skauron ...Once you reach Rank 9 with the Revenant (Concussive), please keep an eye on the 10th card and see if the same happens.  I know I've received more then 1 rank for it so it may be an issue with the X card.

Message 4 of 16 (2,767 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ohhh hang on? have i misread your bug report?

Are you saying that you've actually found revenant (concussive) ranks I-X  then?  and that rank X is showing it as rank I?  now that would REALLY annoy me.

Message 5 of 16 (2,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

At level X it should do 1500 area damage, at level I it whould only do 800.

Message 6 of 16 (2,736 Views)

★★★ Pro

as you edited your original post this morning, was it that i read you correctly the first time, but you made it more descriptive after the edit so therefore now reads as the bug occurs for you?

The way i originally read it was that you were unable to find the concussive weapon above rank I, and i was sure that was what i read.. so if you've not described it right and updated it then thats fine, only i was sure i didn't speed-read through your post.

Message 7 of 16 (2,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Skauron, I edited it to be more descriptive on what's happening.

Basically, I've maxed out my Rares except what seems to have happened is ... at Rank X the actual inventory reverted to showing Revenant (Concussive) 1 instead of what my actual PRESTIGE shows as Revenant (Concussive) X unlocked.  The description also shows the 800 Explosive DPS instead of the 1500.

After playing around with it last night, I can say that the Explosive DPS does NOT match a Rank X Concussive.

Did I see it revert with my own eyes?  Unfortunately, No.  Simply why I labeled my post as being unobtainable possibly because of the typo.  Only after taking some advice from a friend, did I check my actual Prestige to see what the card says there.

Message 8 of 16 (2,720 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think your screenshot is as good as it gets for supportive evidence of your post.. i can indeed clearly see you have the rank X card, but your weapon selection showing it with the rank I stats.

Without a doubt.. a bug.. and i sure hope it doesn't happen to me!

Something that only a patch/hotfix is going to cure by the look of it.. among the many.. many other things that are currently broken.

Message 9 of 16 (2,702 Views)

Re: MULTIPLAYER BUG - Revenant (Concussive) Rank bug!

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing has happened to me.

I've unlocked Revenant Concussive ranks I, II, III, IV, V and VI in packs, but on the weapon select screen it's still stuck at I.

Not sure if it's just the label on the weapon select screen while behind the scenes it's actually the proper rank damage-wise (this happened with rank XIV veteran characters as well, if I recall).

Message 10 of 16 (2,650 Views)