Re: MEA: Can't access online

by Arain_Ged

Original Post

Betreff: Andromeda Connection Issue

@Rabenschwinge 

Here is the link to the German EA Help. 

Choose "Kontakt" (Top Bar) and then Choose "Origin" from the list, or search for it if it is not in the list. 

Choose PC > Choose "Mein Konto verwalten"

Chat times are 09:00 to 21:00 Uhr German time.

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 61 of 82 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 Thank you. I managed to reach them last night via Twitter.
Message 62 of 82 (2,494 Views)

@Rabenschwinge 

And the problem is solved? 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 63 of 82 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It was.

Unfortunately the first attempt of solving the problem did not work. "Mass Effect: Andromeda" appeared only once in the Origin Library, but I still could not access any online stuff in-game. Clearing the Origin cache afterwards did not help, either.

So the (very patient) support deleted the game altogether from my account and added it again. That had the side effect of deleting all my achievements in the game as well... and I probably lost my multiplayer gear, though I haven't looked yet.... I had not finished ME:A in Insanity mode, which would have been the most important achievement, but I lost achievements for Hardcore mode, 250 (or however many) headshot kills, shattering frozen enemies in melee, hover kills.

Either way, with the fix I send squads on APEX missions import & export character customisations again and I could play in multiplayer if I wanted to, non of which was possible while I was unable to access the only portion of the game.

Message 64 of 82 (2,462 Views)

@Rabenschwinge 

That is a lot stuff you lost, but at least you can play again. Frown

Have fun gaming!

Message 65 of 82 (2,445 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly the same case here. Dialled EA with this fix solution and they fixed it in ~10 sec.

Brilliant! Thanks a bunch :D

Message 66 of 82 (1,956 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been suffering with the same issue myself recently, so decided to contact EA.

Here's a tip, don't bother via email. All you get is a standard reply to go and check your internet connection.

Either talk to them via live chat, that is also arduous as most of the people working on the help desk are clueless. Last option is to phone them up, which i know has worked for some. I actually got a result via the live chat. I moaned so much, it got pushed up to a supervisor, who fixed the issue ON THEIR END, while i was at work. Came home,, played the game and my MP was back, allowing me to do Apex missions again.

Keep at it for those with issues, but you will have to talk to EA at some point. Like talking to a stubborn dog, but they give in eventually

Message 67 of 82 (1,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

Four years later and this issue is still not resolved. And probably never will be....

I tried talking with support via chat for 2 hours and they didn't fix it still unable to go online.

Message 68 of 82 (1,310 Views)

@BotMcNoob 

From past experience, EAs Support on Twitter, seems to be the best option to fix the problem.

Message 69 of 82 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to add a +1 (and thanks to others for providing the solution) here...

I had the same issues described in the OP (and in several other similar threads here); I'd pre-ordered MEA and after the EA Access trial, set up a subscription that ran for 1-2 years before I decided that using it to play a couple rounds of Battlefield 5 during the whole 2 years wasn't worth the subscription, so I ended it.  Fast forward to this week, and after downloading/reinstalling Origin and this game following a HDD crash, I ran it for the first time since 2020 and got the "Not allowed to access the online features of this game‎" message.

I used the online chat option and spoke with Adesh.  After he spent about an hour and a half trying to convince me to submit a bug report and leave it at that, he finally took another 30 minutes and fixed the issue.  His explanation for the fix was, "I have made some necessary changes on your account I would request please launch the game again and check if the issue got resolved."  I asked what he did to fix the issue so that I could respond here, and the response was, "Sorry to inform you that due to security reason we are unable to share it."  He just advised the same thing everyone in the collection of threads here I've searched has said (to contact EA support).  And I'd add to be persistent, for what it's worth.  The fix he performed didn't seem to change anything about the game that I can tell thus far; I didn't uninstall/reinstall, and my DLC purchases appear the same as they were.  I have no idea what my online features would've looked like before, because I only use them to the extent it matters for the single-player campaign.

Message 70 of 82 (784 Views)