Original Post

Accepted Solution

Long Loading times since Patch 1.05

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Patch 1.05 Long loading times, and frame rate drops, in single player.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region Australia
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. Irrelevant to single player load times.
What company provides your internet service? Irrelevant to single player load times.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load from a saved game on Eos, drive around for a while in the nomad.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 980
Please enter memory size in GB. 16GB

- Very long loading times that could sometimes take up to 5 minutes to load. Occurs often 50% - 99% of the time.

- I also found that the vehicle dialogue between companions seemed to have a lot of delay. Peebee said something and about 30 seconds later Liam responded. Occurs rarely 0% - 9% of the time.

- Frame rate drops randomly for about 3 seconds before returning to normal and sound layers will sometimes cut out (not all sound just things like the nomad, or weapons fire.) Occurs occasionally 10% - 49% of the time.

- The game also now takes 2-6 minutes to launch from origin, when it took less than 1 minute previously. This part is happening 100% of the time.

- The game has also crashed on me, while investigating a remnant ruin on Eos, which never happened previously.

I had no issues prior to updating to patch 1.05.

Message 1 of 7 (9,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Long Loading times since Patch 1.05

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. It sounds like something has gone wrong with your install since the patch alright. Can you try a repair to start with. If you right-click the game panel in Origin you'll get the option to run this repair. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (11,238 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. It sounds like something has gone wrong with your install since the patch alright. Can you try a repair to start with. If you right-click the game panel in Origin you'll get the option to run this repair. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (11,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

Using the Repair option helped address this for me. Load times have gone down from ~2-3 mins (or more) to 30secs or less. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (9,185 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the extra info. This doesn't seem to fix everything for everyone, but hopefully it's helpful for some. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (9,124 Views)

★ Novice
I have had to start the game again, when are you going to.sort this out? I can't load any saved games any more.
Message 5 of 7 (8,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Empirically, I was able to establish that in my case, there is a problem with a long load (when the slider already shows 100% load and hangs from 1 - 3 minutes) in the event that the saving itself was made at the moment when I drive an all-terrain vehicle (nomad).
Here I am just standing next to a nomad, the cycle of saving - loading is fast, but as soon as I sit in it and hello a long 2 - 3 minutes of waiting, I wish that this would not manifest itself in any other cases.
Hope this helps somebody.

UPD:

In the process of further tests, it turned out that this bug arises from the fact that I put on the armor of initiative 4 on the character It does not matter whether it is found or crafted version, it still starts to bug (preserved in this armor sitting inside a nomad) and the load 100% hangs for 2 - 3 minutes

Message 6 of 7 (1,885 Views)

Community Manager

Hello Everyone, 

This post has gotten pretty old, to prevent further necro posting I will be locking this thread. 

If you are running into an issue with MEA, please make a new post here, and we can provide any current relevant information. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (1,827 Views)