Language?

by gustaw2378645

Original Post

Language?

★★★ Novice

Lovely, a trial! How nice!

So... what kind of unthinkable * is this now?

If i don't speak Polish i'm supposed to do what...?

What sort of sick sadist is allowed to do this?

Message 1 of 13 (1,079 Views)

Re: Language?

★ Guide

send ticket to support I guess. nothing much else u can do.

Message 2 of 13 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

classic originFrown. origin has some very annoying/moronic region detection features.

Message 3 of 13 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Pro

You haven't played Mass Effect:Andromeda until you've tried it in the original Polish'ed version Standard smile   Still waiting Standard smile

Have you checked your regional settings to 100% rule out its not picking up the install language from there in any way?

Now failing this, check in your Origin Client by clicking on Origin in the top left and select application settings.

On the applications tab in the main window you should now see 'Language' and a drop down selector.. does this say polish?  if it does, set it to your language of choice.. Kett, Angaran or one of the more frequently spoken Milky Way languages such as English.

I believe that one of the above checks prior to installing a game or trial of a game should sort the issue out, but you may need to uninstall an already installed game/trial if its already pre-installed in a language of which you are yet to learn in the Andromeda Initiative Languages and dialects class Wink

Message 4 of 13 (1,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey mister Skauron, thanks for the reply!

If only EA shared your enthusiasm in helping people...

As you might have noticed on my first screen, my Origin was already set to English, i also double checked my regional setting as well as Origin account settings, i didn't install the game, why would i... so... upon my next try, it's still the same...

I'll just wait till we're actually colonizing the nearest galaxy, seems easier.

Message 5 of 13 (988 Views)

★★★ Pro

Presumably you downloaded the installer, can you double check and see if you can grab the international or English version of the trial (or game) just in case your installer there is somehow region locked.    If you have double checked what I suggested last then this is now my next best guess to help you.

@gustaw2378645 wrote:

Hey mister Skauron, thanks for the reply!

If only EA shared your enthusiasm in helping people...

As you might have noticed on my first screen, my Origin was already set to English, i also double checked my regional setting as well as Origin account settings, i didn't install the game, why would i... so... upon my next try, it's still the same...

I'll just wait till we're actually colonizing the nearest galaxy, seems easier.

Message 6 of 13 (980 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly i felt like giving up already but here you are trying to help...

Grab the international or English version of the trial, You say? Well, i'd like that, only problem is... how? Only way i can download it is through Origin, and it insists i have a Polish version since i'm cursed with living where i do...

I even made a new Origin account to try it all from scratch... nope, still only Polish version for me.

It must be IP locked :/

Message 7 of 13 (975 Views)

★★★ Pro

Sadly this appears to be the case but what you need to test now is if what I have now read is true?

is th only element that is polish he actual subtitles?   Check to see what the UI and spoken language is actually in once the trial is installed.

see this thread for my source info

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-language-choice/m-p/5898229#M699

Message 8 of 13 (957 Views)

Hero

What happens if you initiate the download with a VPN? Mask your location so Origin thinks you're in the UK, then see if it downloads the English version.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 13 (951 Views)

★★★ Pro

I agree 100% that it truly sucks that a game getting language locked based on IP address is crazy.   I have a friend who works in IT in Poland but only speaks a little polish to get by.  It seems to me the trial will be language locked but if I was you I would check the link I have posted and look for the posts from the guy who mentioned that he bought the international version and was then offered English, French, German etc as language options on install.   That is the bit I find interesting.   

If my mass effect andromeda was in polish I would struggle to play it at all and likely would have given up.  So I hope that it is possible for you to purchase the international version of the game should you want to go down that route.    While the trial may be only available in polish for your IP it may be different in the actual purchased game if you can get this international version.

anyway check the link.  Sorry I cannot be of more help, I've tried, I really have and I sympathise. 

Message 10 of 13 (948 Views)