by odanurr87

Original Post

Item Loot Boxes not rewarding rewards

★★★ Newbie

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Item Loot boxes awarded from Strike Team missions are not granting items. To be clear, this is happening only to Item Loot Boxes, and not Resource/Credit/Research Loot boxes. When I try to redeem one of these boxes it is consumed but nothing is added to my inventory, nor does it even tell me what was supposed to be inside. This has been happening since the latest patch. I sincerely hope I was concise enough to help. If not just ask me for more details or however this works?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To find the bug I would suggest just... sending out a Strike Team when the reward for the mission is a Loot Box, then, upon successful completion, try to redeem said box.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Item Loot boxes awarded from Strike Team missions are not granting items. To be clear, this is happening only to Item Loot Boxes, and not Resource/Credit/Research Loot boxes.

When I try to redeem one of these boxes it is consumed but nothing is added to my inventory, nor does it even tell me what was supposed to be inside.

This has been happening since the latest patch.

Message 1 of 13 (507 Views)

Re: Item Loot Boxes not rewarding rewards

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm going to venture a guess that you're level 61-70. If that's the case, then you should be getting a Tier VIII item from that box, but there is a bug that causes no Tier VIII gear (weapons, armor, mods) to spawn.

You won't find them in those loot boxes, merchant inventories, containers, or enemy drops. The "fix" is to get to level 71, when you'll start seeing Tier IX gear appear as normal. (Except the Asari Sword VIII, which appears from levels 71-80 because it's a mislabeled Asari Sword IX.)

We were hoping this bug would be patched in 1.05, but it hasn't yet. The good news is that once you make it to level 71, you won't have to go through it again unless you feel particularly compelled to start over rather than doing NG+. (But really, why would you? You can re-customize your character completely, including gender, upon NG+.)

Message 2 of 13 (483 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've only been having this issue after the patch.

Message 3 of 13 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here on PC with patch 1.05. How in the hell can a game that costs 60 bucks be so damn unpolished with so many little bugs??? Jesus get your * together EA!!! With all the stuff we have had to put up with with this pile of garbage they call a game they should give us the first of their 30 bucks a pop DLCs for free.

Message 4 of 13 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@odanurr87: The question remains whether you're level 61-70. If so, this would have happened to you regardless of patch, regardless of playthrough. It would have followed you across playthroughs, as it has for many people on these boards. And it would resolve at level 71, regardless of anything of those things as well. That's because it's a bug with the leveled lists with Tier VIII, AFAIK, and Tier VIII items only appear in the wild from 61-70 to the exclusion of all other Tiers.

I can confirm that I reached level 76 at the end of my first playthrough a week before the patch, that I experienced the bug from 61-70 and only from 61-70, and that it hasn't re-appeared since level 76. I just now opened an item box (still at level 76) and got a Tier IX item, and I have had patch 1.05 installed since it rolled out.

For a while many people thought the Tier VIII bug was caused by reaching Meridian, by finishing the game, or by entering postgame, since that's when it affected them. And that makes sense initially: point to the biggest change since it started happening. It was only through a process of comparison that we realized people were hitting the bug at different points in the game quest-wise, but all within levels 61-70. It's clear that the patch doesn't universally cause what you're experiencing, because otherwise I (and many other people) would also be experiencing it. So if you're below 61 or above 70, and you know your inventory has free space, and this bug is happening anyhow, then please post some more information so that we can try to narrow down the cause of your bug. It might help, for example, to have your current level, what level you were when you sent out your teams that brought back the affected boxes, where you are in the main quest, etc.

Message 5 of 13 (447 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm level 66 so it's probably what you said. Hope it gets patched.

Message 6 of 13 (434 Views)

★★★★ Guide

OK, that sounds like you're in the middle of it.

We were really hoping for a fix in 1.05, but there is a silver lining: once you hit 71, you won't ever have to go through it again unless you really want to start a new game (instead of NG+) for some reason. When you start NG+, you keep all your progress in terms of XP and skill points, but you can re-customize everything you originally customized in making your character (gender, face, makeup/scars, training, M/F Shepard, difficulty etc.). Just about the only thing you can't do is respec your skill points (e.g. to try to role-play a different starting "class"), but you can do that just before starting NG+ or as soon as you get to the Tempest as usual during the game. Since you have so much freedom to customize at the start of NG+, unlike in the OT, I don't see any really compelling reason to start a brand new game, unless you just want to experience those early levels again or something.

Message 7 of 13 (419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Glad I read your post. I'm at 66 to and havent been getting items either. Glad at least it comes back after you hit 70

Message 8 of 13 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Well, I can say that I haven't had any problems since hitting level 71 either in my first playthrough or in the couple of times I've started NG+ (always at level 75-76). I also haven't heard of anyone else reporting that the bug recurs later. That's consistent with a leveled list error affecting only Tier VIII.

I am, however, becoming a little jaded at the prospect of NG+ as it's currently implemented. Like others have said, the Movie Night quests are starting to pop too early -- heck, I got the final quest but not the first. My clothes came out of the washer -- er, went through the transition looking like they were bleached. The armor for Planetside was the good old Initiative blue and white, which did not really go with my character's black and red undersuit. The list goes on. I may press on with the intention of reaching NG++ by the time they fix these little issues, which aren't (yet) gamebreaking but are noticeable. Anyhow, that's all to say that I'm seeing why one may want to start over instead of pursue a NG+, in which case this Tier VIII bug will be even more of a priority.
Message 9 of 13 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that I am experiencing this exact bug and fall within that range. This also answers questions about why I haven't been seeing item drops for a while. Frustrating. I guess I'll just have to grind through to the appropriate level... Not really much left to do in the galaxy though so I guess I'll only be able to start doing this in new game+

Message 10 of 13 (336 Views)
Twitter Stream