Re: Infiltrator question

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Infiltrator question

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I first played the game a few years back, and I played soldier. This time around, I want to play Infiltrator. Yet, I'm already level 2, and I've not yet seen a way to choose the Infiltrator class. Not at character creation, and not when leveling. What am I missing? I appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 6 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

I *think* I have stumbled upon the answer. Every search result on a regular page described the class I'm interested in as "Infiltrator". Which is what the class was also called in Mass Effect 1 - 3. But in a YouTube video, I saw the class described as "Operator". That appears ro be what I'm looking for. I'm only about 2 hours into the game, so I guess I'll re-roll.

Message 2 of 6 (469 Views)

Hero

There aren't really any classes in Mass Effect Andromeda, so you don't really have to re-roll. You can pick a sort of class at the beginning which determines your starter skills, but you can choose to specialize by investing in the right skills as you level up.

Infiltrator is a "profile" in MEA: https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Profiles

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (458 Views)

★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Thanks for that correction. But somehow, I have yet to see Infiltrator as an option when I set a character. So, still, I am missing something.
Message 4 of 6 (436 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, I finally found a website to tell me that the first opportunity to choose a profile comes after the game has been played for a while. And that it varies, depending on player choices. Furthermore, I finally reached that point with my character and selected Infiltrator. FYI, for any future person with a similar question, I found infor that after a certain patch, a player could go to the med bay and switch their profile.

Message 5 of 6 (427 Views)

You can switch your profile at anytime even mid fight....which is one thing I really don't like about the game, as there are no real classes and you can mix and match depending on how you feel.  I actually have a maxed character with every skill maxed and I can use that character to do anything I want, from soldier to biotic to tech all at a press of a button, and the only disadvantage being armor and weapons not tailored to the new class. 

You set a hotkey to one of four slots and you can then add three skills and a class per hotkey....you can also manually go in and change skills and class just like your father did during the initial attack run after he blows shield wall just before he interfaces with the environmental system.  Medbay only lets you change how your skill points are allotted, and this allotment can then open different classes depending on how you spend your skill points, but after gaining enough levels most/all classes will be available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)