How many people want more romance specific dialogue

by oynxdragon666

Original Post

How many people want more romance specific dialogue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Seeing as the new dev team has gone out of there way to copy Dragon Age: Inquisition's formula as much as possible,they could at least copy the party dialogue that actually acknowleges your romance choice.

it would be nice if squad members would acknowlage your romance in the ambient dialogue while driving around in the Nomad, for example there is dialogue between Peebee and Jaal that would either carry more weight or make the situation more amusing if romanced either of them if the game acknowleged the romance (it's the final conversation where Jaal pretends to be asleep in the Nomad when Peebee is in the squad). As well as there being more ambient dialogue on the Tempest that also acknowleges your current romance, along with there being more interactions between Ryder and their romance partner (the romance partner actually moving into Ryder's quatres on the Tempest).

Also it would be nice if we didn't have to wait until almost the end of the game to be properly locking in a romance, this has happened since ME1 and has gotten rather boring.

Message 1 of 15 (2,548 Views)

Re: How many people want more romance specific dialogue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

MEA is a long game compared to ME1 or ME2 or ME3.  If done properly the characters would have a lot of time to develop.  Romance would have time to blossom.  Did it?  In my opinion nope.  Instead of having the sex scene at the end which they did with the previous 3 ME series.  They moved it to around 70% mark of the game.  What's weird is that there's nothing after that, the rest of the 30% of the game, after you romanced someone, she give you 1 email and change up the response to the flirt conversation line.  

So to answer your question... Yes I would like to see more romance specific dialogue, on condition that quantity also means quality.  Here's what I mean...

In the original ME series even the little chats and little side stories means so much.  Eg the chat between Liara and her father.  Short conversation, 2 mins max.  Added so much flavour and value to the game.  

The blue rose of illum story, it was very well written, beautiful story, powerfully delivered and very well executed(total time spent not more than 5 mins all added up together, in illum then tuchanka then citidel, its been years and it still haunts me, brings me goosebumps when I think of it).  In contrast the story about the father and son in MEA, the Erics, EOS story..  Made me cringe rather than moved me.  Conrad Verner, as dumb as he was, he added so much to the game, Cassandra Verner  basically did nothing, just there to lay an easter egg.  Yup Happy Easter Cassandra.

Message 2 of 15 (2,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If all the romances had as much as Jaal got - they would be perfect.

His romance really is very well done.

Liam's romance was lame by comparison which is sad to me because that's the one I really wanted.

So much for the romances being equal Frown. Jaal easy got twice as much romance animation and dialogue verses Liam's romance and some of Liam's is 'this animation or that animation' so what little he does have you can't even get all of in a single pt.

So yes I would totally take more for the romances that are lacking in attention.

Message 3 of 15 (2,495 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Chunks of small talk and even battle conversation between those you are seemingly flirting are missing. Teasing moments, hell, even Shepard explained that to EDI, back when she was explaining her relationship with Joker. If even na AI understood the small bits of action that shows someone can't stop thinking about you, what's wrong with people who wrote this time around? It doesn't hurt answering e-mails either, accordingly to those 4 moods. You do get some emotional e-mails once in a while.

Message 4 of 15 (2,486 Views)

★★★ Guide

There should definitly be more banter and teasing from the crew. I love that in the original trilogy.

I still remeber when my femShep met Kasumi in ME3 and Kasumi asks about who is with me and then replied "sure is Garrus with you" with this tone in her voice. 
With Jack it was the same and I love the small part when Garrus offered Tali some chocolate and mentioned that he got it from Dr. Michel and Tali said something like "whatch out Shepard" 

Large smile

This almost is non existent in MEA.

And that the romances practically end after the sex scene (when you are lucky enough to have one) is true too...There is so much gametime left without any interaction...no mails, no small flirts.
In Inquisition you could always go to your LI and get a kiss at least...sure it was always the same old animation, but you could pretend to still have a romance at least!

Message 5 of 15 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JucieN7 wrote:

There should definitly be more banter and teasing from the crew. I love that in the original trilogy.

I still remeber when my femShep met Kasumi in ME3 and Kasumi asks about who is with me and then replied "sure is Garrus with you" with this tone in her voice. 
With Jack it was the same and I love the small part when Garrus offered Tali some chocolate and mentioned that he got it from Dr. Michel and Tali said something like "whatch out Shepard" 

Large smile

This almost is non existent in MEA.

And that the romances practically end after the sex scene (when you are lucky enough to have one) is true too...There is so much gametime left without any interaction...no mails, no small flirts.
In Inquisition you could always go to your LI and get a kiss at least...sure it was always the same old animation, but you could pretend to still have a romance at least!

The one I liked was at the geth dreadnought, if you romanced Tali and that was the first mission with her after a long time...  Man the tension, the flirts!!  And if the other crew mate is oblivious to Shep n Tali's relationship status, EDI would bluntly clarify...

The only one I heard in MEA was mild, if you romance Cora and drack is in the car, he says something like so Ryder huh...  Am I Too much Krogan for you?  Cora came back with some comeback line...  cant remember what that was...  guess its literally forgettable... 

Message 6 of 15 (2,470 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Even our engineers romance each other and have such wonderful exchange of conversations throughout 2 and 3.

Kasumi would comment on small things at the Normandy. Her remark around our violent intercourse with Jack was always amusing. Now that you mention something about Garrus, it feels like part of my experience in the game should feel different if I play with female Shepared. At least the part regarding relatioships. Might try it.

We could, after we get some more intimacy, get behind our flirting partner and hug, whisper something, get a slap on the face in a joking manner, things like that.

Message 7 of 15 (2,468 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, bring on the love!

Also might be interesting, if after you've locked in your romance choice, maybe some of the rest of the crew could randomly start pairing up too.

Message 8 of 15 (2,458 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Pixeldance wrote:

Yes, bring on the love!

Also might be interesting, if after you've locked in your romance choice, maybe some of the rest of the crew could randomly start pairing up too.

I so hoped for that and remind that I might have heard something like this to be planned for Andromeda, but maybe my wish muddles up my memory :D 

This would be so awesome just enter a room at the Tempest and two crewmembers are kissing...it would be like ME3 with Garrus and Tali ...oh wait. Again, there is something that was made in ME3 but not in MEA *sigh*

I really have to stop thinking about the romances and friendships in the old trilogy Frown 

Message 9 of 15 (2,455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are hints that Lexi is attracted to Drack. Although this only happens in the ambient dialogue on the Tempest between them both and I don't think it's mentioned by any other crew member.

Also if Bioware is going to expand the dialogue in the Nomad they could at least fix the bug that cause the dialogue to trigger while fast travelling in the Nomad, it means you miss half the conversation when you arrive at the forward station and there's no way to hear that perticular conversation during that playthrough.

Message 10 of 15 (2,447 Views)