Re: How many people want more romance specific dialogue

by delena665

Original Post

★★★ Pro

i was actually kind of disappointed by the lack of banter over hookups/romance. and the post locking-in dialogue or lack of it also seemed to create a void in the overall narrative.

so in my opinion, bring in the romance... unless you go about it all half-a**ed. then in that case forget i said anything.   

Message 11 of 15 (601 Views)

★ Pro

@Pixeldance wrote:

Yes, bring on the love!

Also might be interesting, if after you've locked in your romance choice, maybe some of the rest of the crew could randomly start pairing up too.

I'm all for that, but you shouldn't just limit to the Tempest, since there are all these other people around Helios that you hang with as well. Give them a chance!

Message 12 of 15 (587 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes please! That would be nice.

Message 13 of 15 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The reason I want an earlier lock in point for romance options, is because I've done almost everything else in the game except the final mission and would miss out on romance dialogue due me having almost nothing left to do in the game after I get round to the final mission.

Which must have suprised the dev team because Meridian is still mentioned during the 100% viability cutscene where Habitat 7 is renamed Ryder 1 as being one of the locations who voted on the name change, even if you haven't actually been to Meridian or even found the location of Meridian on the Archon's Flagship.

Message 14 of 15 (562 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Pixeldance wrote:

Yes, bring on the love!

Also might be interesting, if after you've locked in your romance choice, maybe some of the rest of the crew could randomly start pairing up too.

That's a little titbit I absolutely loved in DAI - if you romanced neither Dorian nor Iron Bull then they get together farely early and you get banter about the two of them and a bit of dialogue with both and even an epilogue ending.

In ME trology EDI and Joker get together, although you can't romance either of them it's still interesting and enriches the environment. Somehow never got to see Tali with Garrus but I know its there)

In Andromeda I remember that Lexi likes Drack, and Peebee had a lover with no hint of possibility of getting back together even if you saved her, but that's it for embient romances. And that's in a world setting where they came to a different galaxy to procreate...

Even though I prefer to play Andromeda to original trilogy, the romance IS a bit lacking. I hope next time it will be better.

Message 15 of 15 (458 Views)