How many people have gone back to ME1 until Andromeda is actually fixed

by oynxdragon666

Original Post

Re: How many people have gone back to ME1 until Andromeda is actually fixed

★★★★ Pro

I certainly was affected by a good number of bugs and glitches, but they didn't bother me. Sometimes enemies would be inside walls shooting at me, sometimes they would be floating and completely still, sometimes my squad mates would teleport to my location (actually, this one happened all the time, in a way that I started to consider their positioning altogether because they would appear on the top of my head sooner or later), and other visual stuff, a bugged mission and a Vault problem that made have to return to the point when I got to Elaaden (worth of 5h lost I had to replay and re-explore). Even so, that didn't bothered me much. What bother me are mechanics. These are not really going to change any time soon, so I'm expecting this patch ... to see if it prompts me to play another time. If not, well, one can wait for the next game or jump in another franchise and forget this one. But I find terrible the idea of playing a game and before it even get 1 month old, people want the next one, not in spite of wanting to keep playing, but because this one feels like it might be skippable. Of course, I'm talking about some opinions, not the majority.

Message 11 of 46 (740 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just beat the game a few times to reach rank X items and am now just farming research to make the weapons I want while grinding Multiplayer. I am pretty much preparing for DLC content while waiting for the patch that introduces more CC options before I do another new game +

Message 12 of 46 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Not me! Having too much fun trying to unlock all the weapon crafting. Only five more remnant sniper rifle unlocks and I'll have everything Remnant unlocked.

Message 13 of 46 (723 Views)

★ Pro

Well, in spite of the obvious flaws and bugs that need fixing and some needed QoL upgrades, I have to say that the game is good enough for me to enjoy it quite a bit.

I can't play a game for 150 hours and say I hate it at the same time. That would be dishonest.

Message 14 of 46 (723 Views)

I have finished 2 plays, and am currently on a third.  I have hit a few bugs, nothing to earth shattering, and usually a quick load from recent save fixes it.  This for me isn't that far out of the realm of normal for a large new game launch.  I understand some people are having game stopping bugs and crashes so as they can't play, but SO FAR.....knock on a HUGE piece of wood.....I have been having minimal issues.  I am thinking of doing a ME1, 2, 3, then MEA again after patches and dlc run, but haven't decided 100%. 

And yeah, I have the MEHEM----Mass Effect Happy Ending mod....only ME mod I have installed, but couldn't stand the stock ME3 ending....I admit I am not 100% happy with the mod ending, BUT it is better than the stock, though I will admit I have only managed to play ME3 to the end once...got to Citadel dlc one other time, but the stock ending turned me off it that bad...

As a comparison I have probably 20-30 plays finished in ME2, and amost 10 character completed ME1 with 4 or 5 max level characters...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 46 (709 Views)

★★★ Pro

i've created maybe 20 ME1 characters (about 15 or so max level characters), played ME2 about as much. i've only played an unmodded ME3 about 4 times (disliked the ending that much), however after installing a bunch of hi-def mods, and MEHEM, compared to earlier ME titles i think i had about twice as many PTs with ME3.

Message 16 of 46 (705 Views)

★ Guide

other then 2-3 bugged quests one being the infamous nomad shield bug I haven't run into any major bugs also people need to take of their rose tinted glasses ... .

Message 17 of 46 (700 Views)

★★ Pro

Im on PT #3 started a NG instead of NG+ which is far less buggy. Still plenty of odd animations in cut scenes though that could use a polish.

Going slowly this time though, hoping a patch will drop before much longer.

Don't really wanna make too many more Ryders at this point if they are going to update the CC, cause I will just wanna remake them all then.

Message 18 of 46 (680 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

i've created maybe 20 ME1 characters (about 15 or so max level characters), played ME2 about as much. i've only played an unmodded ME3 about 4 times (disliked the ending that much), however after installing a bunch of hi-def mods, and MEHEM, compared to earlier ME titles i think i had about twice as many PTs with ME3.

I know I am a little strange, but I actually liked ME3 the most out of the entire ME series(including MEA), ME1 is just old with the mako and combat, I didnt play it when it first launched I played it with ME2 and ME3.  ME2 was much better and I started falling in love so to say with the series.  ME3 was excellent until the ending...  So these days I play it up to the point I kill Kai Leng, either that or run Citidel DLC before thessia then stop and restart it.  The thing that annoys me is that I cant bring my ME2 LI with me(with the exception of Tali).  Miranda and Jack make little appearances in ME3...

Message 19 of 46 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@mcsupersport wrote:

I have finished 2 plays, and am currently on a third.  I have hit a few bugs, nothing to earth shattering, and usually a quick load from recent save fixes it.  This for me isn't that far out of the realm of normal for a large new game launch.  I understand some people are having game stopping bugs and crashes so as they can't play, but SO FAR.....knock on a HUGE piece of wood.....I have been having minimal issues.  I am thinking of doing a ME1, 2, 3, then MEA again after patches and dlc run, but haven't decided 100%. 

And yeah, I have the MEHEM----Mass Effect Happy Ending mod....only ME mod I have installed, but couldn't stand the stock ME3 ending....I admit I am not 100% happy with the mod ending, BUT it is better than the stock, though I will admit I have only managed to play ME3 to the end once...got to Citadel dlc one other time, but the stock ending turned me off it that bad...

As a comparison I have probably 20-30 plays finished in ME2, and amost 10 character completed ME1 with 4 or 5 max level characters...

I think I am in the minority with the original trilogy pts.

Don't get me wrong - I love them. Just once I played the stories I never really felt the desire or need to replay them.

I have done but with a year or so break between them and all up I think Ive played the entire trilogy maybe 3 complete pts.

Same with Dragon Age.

I think it is the continual conversation in this one that is keeping me engaged. I love that there doesn't feel like long, boring stretches of no dialogue. I don't hate the combat either, loving pull and throw combo - but I didn’t dislike the combat in the previous games either. This one is just different. 3rd PT in a row and I don't feel done yet. I have never got through 2 complete runs one after the other for any of the games. DA or ME.

For me its the difference between loving Commander Shepard, which I totally always will and adoring SisRyder, which is also the truth. I love the original but for some reason that I can't explian, bugs, pathetic Liam romance and all, I adore this game.

Now if they would just fix those two nuances I guess I would be in mass effect heaven 😙😙😙😙

Message 20 of 46 (663 Views)