Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

by rfields99

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

★ Novice

OK. So I had the same issue as OP, where Andromeda would not launch through FMM. Like what @holger1405 stated, with the new version of FMM, you now have to use the CryptBase.dll file instead of the bcrypt.dll file. All you have to do is COPY that CryptBase.dll file from the FMM file location to your route Andromeda file location, for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda. I think thats what @holger1405  was trying to say above, but not in so many words, which tripped me up for awhile. Hope this helps.

Message 31 of 41 (9,156 Views)

★ Guide

Can we get mod support for other EA titles? I want to figure out some limitations in NFS 2015 for example.

Message 32 of 41 (9,032 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, except with SWBF2 (2017) what should I Do? I also cannot find any of these files mentioned in the post.

Message 33 of 41 (9,004 Views)

★ Novice

@txqueenbee75So assuming you have installed FMM, go to that file folder. If you dont know how, simply right click on the desktop icon and select Open File Location. From there, find the CryptBase.dll file and copy it. From there, just paste it into your Game File location using same method.

Hopefully this helps.

Message 34 of 41 (8,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Issue is, I cannot find the CryptBase.DLL File. As you can see in this file/png below

Message 35 of 41 (8,928 Views)

★ Novice

I would try to re-download it. Not sure how you unpacked yours, but I did mine through the Nexus tool, Vortex. I doubt that would make a difference though. So yea, just go to Frostys website and re-download the file.

Message 36 of 41 (8,912 Views)

★ Novice

Alright thanks.

Message 37 of 41 (8,902 Views)

★ Novice

I believe I've found a fix to the problem. While troubleshooting launching the game without any mods, I found out that FMM 1.0.5.7 can perfectly launch the game, but cannot load mods. From this, I downloaded both FMM 1.0.5.9 and 1.0.5.7 and ran them both at the same time. Since the mods I'm using work with 1.0.5.9,  I was able to successfully load them there and launch the game.

In shorter words, run both FMM 1.0.5.9 and 1.0.5.7 at the same time, load mods to 1.0.5.9, launch game from 1.0.5.9.

In this instance, I am running FIFA 20 with mods, but I am guessing the fix also works for Mass Effect Andromeda. 

Message 38 of 41 (8,447 Views)

★★ Novice
@Jakeymomo107 I had to log in to say thank you!! Thank you for taking the time to share a solution. I've been trying to play Andromeda for the last 4 days and nothing else was working. I was just about to give up on ever playing the game when I found this thread.
Message 39 of 41 (6,229 Views)

★ Novice
@rfields99 help me I put mods there I open the game and the mod has no effect
Message 40 of 41 (5,922 Views)