Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

by rfields99

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

@ImmortalJoker66 

Are you sure that the game is completely vanilla now? All Frosty files are gone?

If so this might be a problem unrelated to Frosty.

Did the game run before you used Frosty?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 41 (8,786 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I had Win 7 the game ran fine with Frosty Mod Manager but after switching to Windows 10 launching it with Frosty only gives me a black screen

Message 22 of 41 (8,767 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found the problem, it was one of the mods for the loading screens. After removing the mod I am not getting the black screen again

Message 23 of 41 (8,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have fifa 19 original and dont launch with frosty mod

Message 24 of 41 (8,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After downloading Frosty I tried opening game with mods, but didn't work. Tried all the the steps you posted but still nothing, and even Origin won't even open to menu, ti crashes when opening. Help will be much appreciated

Message 25 of 41 (7,786 Views)

[ Edited ]

@C0mplexitii 

The mod manager should not influence Origin at all, so first I would focus on getting Origin to run.

Did you removed the mod?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 26 of 41 (7,720 Views)

★ Novice

I'm just going to jump in here and ask for a little help. I'm trying to use the frosty mod manager with Mass Effect Andromeda but there doesnt seem to be a bcrypt.dll in either the game directory or the mod manager third party folder. I've tried using the latest version of the frosty manager to launch the game but all that happens is that it builds the ModData folder and doesnt launch the game.

Message 27 of 41 (7,397 Views)

[ Edited ]

Frankisaurus 

In newer versions of the Mod manager the "bcrypt.dll" seems to be replaced with the "CryptBase.dll"

I myself still use a older version of the ModManager (1.0.5.5) with the "bcrypt.dll" present.

Did you tried to run Frosty as Administrator?

Did you tried the "bcrypt.dll" from the Nexus mode page of Frosty? > Put it in the "ThirdParty" folder?

Message 28 of 41 (7,372 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried everything I can think of to make this thing work. Ive restarted Origin, my computer, reinstalled on a different drive, set FMM and Origin to run as admin, whitelisted FMM in my firewall, and given FMM and Origin full permissions on every user but I cant seem to get it to work. I've gone to the FMM discord to see if I can find more information but this question seems to be the most ignored and any answer the give isnt actually that helpful, saying only that it has to do with something blocking permissions. 

Message 29 of 41 (7,363 Views)

@Frankisaurus 

I just tested with the newest version (1.0.5.9). of FMM and it worked flawless as well.

Do you use this version?

You get prompted to apply the building of the ModData folder?

Did you tried with disabled Virus scanner?

If you say "reinstalled on a different drive" you mean not only the Mod Manager but the game as well?

You added a mod to FMM? 

Did you cleared your Origin cache?

The game runs flawless without FMM?

Message 30 of 41 (7,342 Views)