by LG_Kazra

Original Post

Elaaden - Architect on Elaaden - Architect is stuck floating in the air

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Quest - Elaaden - Architect on Elaaden - During this quest the architect is stuck floating in the air and it is impossible to engage in combat with the Architect, the quest objective states clear our remnant forces in the area but there are no remnant at all in the ruins / area. I have tried reloading to a save before I got this quest, Turning the game off and restarting it, rebooting my console, leaving the planet and going back again. All of these have failed to fix the issue and I am still unable to fight the Architect
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Complete all of the story on Elaaden so you can unlock the Outpost 2. Create the outpost and you should get a quest to speak to the leader of the outpost 3. Speak to the Leader and get the quest to fight the Architect. 4. Fast Travel to the nearest fast travel point to the quest area 5. Enter the nomad and drive to the quest 6. Notice the Quest will state to clear out remnant forces even though the area is empty, notice shooting the Architect or approaching it will not start the encounter
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Quest - Elaaden - Architect on Elaaden - During this quest the architect is stuck floating in the air and it is impossible to engage in combat with the Architect, the quest objective states clear our remnant forces in the area but there are no remnant at all in the ruins / area.

I have tried reloading to a save before I got this quest, Turning the game off and restarting it, rebooting my console, leaving the planet and going back again. All of these have failed to fix the issue and I am still unable to fight the Architect

Message 1 of 31 (62,541 Views)

Re: Elaaden - Architect on Elaaden - Architect is stuck floating in the air

★★★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. What I did to fix it was fast travel to the foward station right in front of the quest, saved the game, swapped out 1 party member, ran over to where the architect was and then reloaded the saved that I had created. When I loaded it up I heard Drack say something about the fight and walked over the that area and it finally came down to fight me. Hope the helps/works for you.

Message 2 of 31 (62,433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I had a slightly different issue with this boss.

On my first attempt the boss fight wouldn't trigger so I did a reload from the near by forward station.

The boss glitches out on Conduit 2/3. It seems like I out DPS'd the leg. I destroyed it before the first wave of additional foes spawned. The leg would reopen with 0 HP left and was indestructible causing me to be stuck in a loop of fighting adds without getting the last crack at the head.

Died and reset. Did not use buffs/powers to defeat boss and completed as normal.

Kinda silly considering this would be penalizing players for making a solid DPS build.
Message 3 of 31 (62,402 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Glad to hear you found a workaround, I will try this when I get home tonight and report back. Fingers crossed !

Message 4 of 31 (62,375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I managed to get through this, I ended up leaving the planet and doing missions on another planet for the rest of the day, I came back on today and traveled back to Elaaden and was now able to engage the architect in combat.

Anyone having this problem I would advise leaving it for a while and coming back to the planet later after completing some other missions. Either that or keep trying to leave the planet and going back

Message 5 of 31 (62,335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This was happening to me on the ps4 as well. I tried using a lower dps weapon as per part of one of the suggestions, but no luck. Then I went into the Nomad and extracted to orbit. I came back down, quick traveled to where the Architect mission starts (that was not marked), and finally was able to get him using my low dps weapon and not using my dps buff (tactical cloak).
Message 6 of 31 (61,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too, what I did was go to teleport to a forward station that was further away, then drive into the area and it seemed to fix it. Could be a chance that going to the closest one doesn't initiate the fight sometimes.

Message 7 of 31 (60,889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I had this same issue (and made a bug post) about the Architect on EOS, 2/3 conduits destroyed, it was moving to its final position, and it just glitches out doing it's worm movement in the air.

No known fix for this, as I loaded an earlier save and it didn't work.

However my friends didn't have this problem.
Message 8 of 31 (60,855 Views)

★★ Novice

This has to deal with the way in which the 'asset' is loaded.

In this case, the architect loads before a precursor condition can be met. In order to meet this condition, drive far away, enough so that you can with a direct line of sight, watch the architect 'disappear' from view. This unloads it from memory, now just turn around and drive back towards it. Loading from the close pod doesn't meet the trigger or event condition necessary to make the architect a targetable asset, at this point it is just acting as a non-interactive model.

Message 9 of 31 (60,685 Views)

★★ Novice

This did the trick for me.  Thanks for posting this :eahigh_file:

Message 10 of 31 (60,676 Views)