Re: Doors in Kadara Port take ages to open

by Lordkenf

Original Post

★★★ Novice

mmh few years later, still same bug.

This is pretty annoying, ~5secs on doors. Thats bug not load screen, because fast travel takes like 2secs so why would fast travel load the area faster then opening doors?

Also when you open doors, dont enter, doors close and if you try open again its same 5second delay, pretty much area behind doors would stayed loaded right? Especially when there is tons of free ram reported by windows...

Message 11 of 18 (752 Views)

@Lordkenf 

Andromeda is out of studio support since 2017, there are no more bug fixes coming.

To fix this problem you can use the "Faster Kadara Doors" Mode from the Nexus.

You can find the link in this post. (Please read the OP.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 18 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 Thanks! Got some mods you recommend (kadara doors and landing animations fix, plus inventory size fix) , though it took me a bit to figure out how to fix mods because it just wasnt working for me. I had to use "frostyfix" https://github.com/Dulana57/FrostyFix based on this guide https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/842 as apparently frosty doesnt work with EA Desktop (or anything other than origin). You may update your post with this info.

the stupid doors now open like in 1-2secs with the mod Standard smile and landing animations/loading is now also super fast
Message 13 of 18 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lordkenf 

The Andromeda Mods came from @Fred_vdp, but I use most of them myself.

You're welcome!

And I will update the post. Standard smile

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 14 of 18 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lordkenf wrote:

mmh few years later, still same bug.

This is pretty annoying, ~5secs on doors. Thats bug not load screen, because fast travel takes like 2secs so why would fast travel load the area faster then opening doors?

I assume it's because the focus was on the console versions, and both the PS4 and Xbox One have very slow mechanical hard drives. It was the same in Mass Effect 2 where it had to loop loading animations at least once before progressing (though that was eventually fixed in the Legendary Edition). Similarly, the planet landing and departure videos are unskippable because they mask loading and the game assumes you're playing on a slow hard drive.

Fortunately, the new consoles have SSDs, so this likely won't be an issue in future BioWare games.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 18 (686 Views)

★ Guide

I thought it was because he was hacking them. 

Message 16 of 18 (643 Views)

@DyeusVita 

No, this are normal doors that just need 4 - 5 seconds to open.

And since it only happened at Kadara Port, it is save to asume that it was a simple oversight when the game was optimised for the PC.

Message 17 of 18 (628 Views)

★ Guide

oh ok, just took the same amount of time as the hacked doors and is an "unfriendly" territory.

Message 18 of 18 (617 Views)