Re: Discussion Thread - Patch notes - Update April 6

by irmcghee

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Bioware, what exactly does the "Multi-GPU mode" option do? Have "performance" and "quality" options but I can't see a difference in game nor in performance one way or the other.

Message 121 of 161 (592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not having any issues with 1.05. Did you run a file check (repair function) after patching ? Good practice after any install or major update. Anything that big could easily have corrupted or missing files.

Message 122 of 161 (584 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just read the patch notes for muliplayer. Not sure if I read it right, seems like they are going to buff most of the bosses, and not fix any of the underwhelming weapons and abilities. Not sure who they have been talking to. It didnt address any of the performance issues, which I was hoping for as I'm getting really sick of being chucked out of every third match. I'm feeling a bit non- plused at this.

Message 123 of 161 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@shaggiedo I see no mention of any boost to the bosses O.o

Semi-auto assault rifles and pistols do get lower damage, but fire rate got fixed and get more ammo

Full-auto assault rifles and pistols get a flat damage per bullet bonus

Message 124 of 161 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed already but "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" bug hasn't been revolved, right? I still have it under additional task even though I've crafted everything for the Nomad. Also the Menu still shows the exclamations point even though everything has been reviewed, is that effecting anyone else as well? Another thing I see they removed " herbal entrepreneurs " side quest instead of fixing it, is this the same for everyone else? 

Message 125 of 161 (551 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't believe one of the first things in this thread isn't the broken melee?

I play a Krogan Vanguard as my main, who previously would always rank at least #2 on DPS, I logged in tonight to test changes. In a silver MP match, a level 5.. Yes, that's right, a level 5 beat me on DPS in a silver match. 

The nerf to melee combat is atrocious and needs to be fixed. I don't mind duking it out with a critter with him hitting me back, it's one of the benefits of the charge regenning your shield. You expect to take damage, but can at least bring shields back up again when they start getting the better of you. Now, you hit them, they hit you, you hit them, they hit you, but you're interrupting each others melee attacks. 

Seriously, I did more damage with my gunon a melee specced character. You broke it, guys.. Fix it, please, and soon. 

Ugh..

Message 126 of 161 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

Well the game is just annoying for me now.  At least I got a solid playthrough before they broke it even worse.  Guess I'll uninstall and not touch it tell someone can come out with mods to fix all the *.  Since EA and Bio Ware can't.

Message 127 of 161 (527 Views)

★★★ Novice

Repost since no answer : 

Since april 6 update (1.05) a new line was added to my "ongoing psychological profile" by Lexi : 

"Perhaps i should note that you are more impulsive in the field than you are with your affection. Whatever that means - we can keep that between us".

What does that exactly mean ? Is it because i've refuse to Peebee her "relaxing moment in the pod" for a "with string relationship" ? This sentence is not clear enough.

Any one has the same ? 

Message 128 of 161 (504 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Izrafelus Yeah I just noticed that too. Uh... a hint that the character not romanced yet? -- a wild guess.

Message 129 of 161 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

@V4rdyn wrote:

@Izrafelus Yeah I just noticed that too. Uh... a hint that the character not romanced yet? -- a wild guess.

That's weird because i've got a touch with every female that can be romanced by Sara (the journalist, Suvi, Peebee, Vera, and so on). Just Peebee that i refuse her "no string relation". 

That only sentence put me in a "what did i have done wrong ?" situation ... 

Message 130 of 161 (607 Views)